Time to join a gym. Suggestions anyone?

Options
I've hit a plateau. Instead of throwing in the towel and bowing out I've decided to switch things up and keep working towards success. I've been putting off joking a gym due to the expensive membership fees that come with joining. Unfortunately, nothing has changed in my routine yet I haven't lost anything these last few weeks. I'm currently doing all the exercises I can think of that don't require a machine.So, I guess its time to suck it up, bite the bullet and put out the funds to succeed. Anyone know of any gyms running holiday sign up specials or that aren't $50-$60 per month?

Replies

• swaby
    swaby Posts: 51
    Options
    Maybe you could try buying a used treadmill to step it up a bit
    I got mine for $100 bucks
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I like the previous guys suggestion about buying equipment to use at home.

I'm with you on getting a gym membership - it is the reward for myself when I hit the 250 pound mark. I would get one now but my idea of working out at the gym is playing in the pool and that's just not going to cut it.

And I'm sorrry but I don't know where you live and if there any memberships available but I'm sure there will be at the beginning of the year. Check to see if there is a YMCA around you, they have income based memberships.

But I have a few other suggestions - rent/borrow DVD's from the library. Check with local churches. I am fortunate that we have a local church that has a gym set up and allows us to use it for free (weights, treadmills, indoor track, basketball court, racquetball, elliptical, aerobic room, etc) other churches around here have aerobic classes etc that may be beneficial to you. Check zumba.com. Zumba is a fun excercise, people are averaging about a 6-800 calorie burn and the classes around here are only a $1 or a canned good donation.

Think outside the box.

Congrats on trying to step it up !!