Time to join a gym. Suggestions anyone?

Options
I've hit a plateau. Instead of throwing in the towel and bowing out I've decided to switch things up and keep working towards success. I've been putting off joining a gym due to the expensive membership fees that come with joining. Unfortunately, nothing has changed in my routine yet I haven't lost anything these last few weeks. I'm currently doing all the exercises I can think of that don't require a machine.So, I guess its time to suck it up, bite the bullet and put out the funds to succeed. Anyone know of any gyms running holiday sign up specials or that aren't $50-$60 per month?

Replies

• Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I really like SNAP Fitness. It's about $50 a month. Great new equipment, and can access 24 hours a day. I suppose it depends on if there's one in your area. Good luck!
  • faithjones83
    faithjones83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I don't know where you live but I go to the YMCA and I like it. For my whole family I pay 65 a month, It is a discount but the original price was 85 for a family so I know that they are pretty reasonable for an individual. In addition they have the COACH program which is like a trainer/nutritionist to help you out and it is free of charge. I love it and have lost 26 lbs!
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I dont know if they have a Planet Firness where you live but they have specials all the time. I live in Michigan and the deal now is 10 dollars a month no contract and i think its a 60 dollar sign up fee. thats where i go and i like it alot
  • gunnarpalm
    gunnarpalm Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't know what they run in your town but Gold's Gym was running a $1.00 per day special in my town.
  • Nano911
    Nano911 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I belong to a gym but I really like fitness videos for the structure. P90x is great and you can do it with just one workout band or a couple pair of dumbbells. Really any of the beachbody videos are good.
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I workout at Curves and it is wonderful. I pay 36 a month. Didn't think I would like the whole just women thing but it has turned out to be a very positive and pleasant environment.
  • skyski_tige
    skyski_tige Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    If you really want to step it up. Find a Crossfit. That would be the ultimate. http://www.crossfit.com

One thing that i have found - try and find a workout place close to your house. If you have to drive 30 minutes or more, it would be hard to keep motivated.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Another thing to consider is craigs list for some exercise equipment might be less than a workout video, or a gym membership!