helpful advice plez

Options
How can I stay on my diet wen im lacking money to buy healthy food?

Replies

• beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    if you have one near you, farmer's markets are super cheap and have seasonal veggies that taste amazing. grains and beans are also pretty cheap, especially if you buy them in bulk.

healthy eating is definitely not expensive, especially if you buy food that you can make yourself, as opposed to processed crap. also portion size is important. you can make a huge pot of chili or soup or something similar, and portion it out into tupperware and have meals for days.
  • Hotpinkmama
    Options
    Do you have an Aldi's near by? They have great deals. If not ,shop mostly on the outside aisles . Buy chicken in bulk, brown rice, bulk apples and oranges. Chili's pretty cheap and can be made low cal.... I use a lot of my old recipes just put in lower fat things. It is harder on a budget but it can be do,
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I think it is more about portion control than it is what food you are eating.

I had the same problem when I started becuase I CAN NOT throw food away and I had so much unhealthy food around here. So I ate it, just in small portions until it was gone and then incorporated more healthy options as that food needed to be replaced.

Here's a website that is great for healthy options on food. And cooking at home is always better than buying prepackaged "health foods" http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Healthy-Cooking/Main.aspx

Good luck.

Eva
  • taitai100
    taitai100 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ty everyone these are all great ideas im going to use. :happy: