Overweight people unable to eat at least 1200 cals/day

_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,645 Member
the-twilight-zone-intro-o.gif

seriously. Just take a day and eat like you used to. Track the calories. Eat like that, just less of it.

If you're a binge eater, track a binge, it may be eye opening. Make sure to average that to a few days/week where you are unable to consume so much food.

It absolutely had to average out to too many calories in the past.

Seriously, if you want you can make "this" work just by eating less food. But at some time you were capable of eating 1200 cals/day.

Sorry for the rant, and good journey to everyone.

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    But surely two pop tarts aren't 400 calories! They can't be! They are so small! So I'm only gonna count one for two... that's more reasonable.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Bumpity bump bump, because these threads seriously piss me off. I have yet to run into a person that was full on 800-900 calories in the long term (that was overweight, not an anorexic).
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Bumpity bump bump, because these threads seriously piss me off. I have yet to run into a person that was full on 800-900 calories in the long term (that was overweight, not an anorexic).

Yep yep, I don't get these either. Is it some kind of mental thing? "I'm obese, but now that I'm trying to lose weight, I can't make to my calorie goal...." Well, how'd you get obese to begin with?
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Maybe these people are measuring food wrongly, and their 900 is actually 1800
  • stefaniemazz
    stefaniemazz Posts: 179 Member
    THANK YOU!

How did we all gain weight to begin with? Eating WAY MORE then 1200 calories.
  • I DO think part of it is mental. But also I think it has something to do with changing to a foodplan full of salad greens and high fiber (very filling) foods. Perhaps that temporarily tricks the body into thinking it's getting lots of calories. Peace and Love Everybody!