Frustrated by "If everyday were like today . . ."

Options
At first I thought this was really cool, but it's inconsistent. Each time I complete a day, the thing yells at me that I am not eating enough calories - even when I'm only like 20 calories under my goal for the day. And then this thing says, each day, that if every day was like today, I'd weigh XXX in 5 weeks - only the "XXX" fluctuates up and down every day. It's annoying. Just goes to show there's no way to predict - it can't even assume a trend. Can I turn it off? BTW - having a bad day so don't mind me if I'm witchy.

Replies

• osram34
    Options
    Take a breather and remember all numbers on here are estimates so dont focus too much on them. Focus on your diet and remember weight loss is not a sprint its a marathon. Try to loosen up and before you know it you will reach your goal.... if that number bothers u dont close out your day just keep your count you dont have to actually finish the day off.......

keep on truking
  • BigGirlB2008
    BigGirlB2008 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I normally only get yelled at if I am very low on my calorie intake, today i have 323 left still and it didn't give me any trouble. My "if everyday were like today" predictor doesn't usually fluctuate that much as long as i am eating the same.. not going over or under on my goals. so maybe yours just has a glitch? I don't think you can turn it off but you might see if you can't report it as a bug :)
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    Yeah, i REALLY, REALLY hate that "If everyday were like today..." thing, too! Don't believe it...(that's NOT ACCURATE...no way it could be).
  • jjstokes
    jjstokes Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think the "if every day" thing is just a general trend thing. I take it as I need to tweak something one way or the other. I've noticed lately I've been "yelled at" for not eating enough when I got below 1200. Other days, I may end up 100-150 below my goal, but I didn't get chastized...there may be a threshold there that triggers the "lecture".
  • naturebaby
    Options
    I agree....I stopped clicking on that tab and it made life a little better for me..just log your calories and exercise and be done with it.

good luck!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    The everyday thingy works on how many calories you have taken in that day and how much exercise you have done that day.

If you do no exercise on one of the days, it will estimate "If EVERYDAY were like today" it will not take into account what it has said before, it is only giving a rough forecast for that particular day.

Don't rely on it, it is just a little forecast thingy to say if everyday were like today, but of course, not everyday will be like today, exercise and calories taken in vary from day to day.
  • Endless_Sky
    Options
    If everyday were like today, I'd always be gaining weight. And I'm not. That thing is silliness; it's a VERY rough guesstimate that doesn't know you personally. I think it's supposed to motivate you to keep eating the right number of calories with promises that you'll lose weight. Unfortunately I think my right number is off a bit. And a lot of people probably have inaccurate numbers going on. Maybe your number is too high if you're always eating under it and still seeing the desired results. As always, listen to thy body :drinker:
  • hermosafit
    Options
    If it bugs you probably best to just ignore it. Though its nice when you have a good day and it predicts you are going to be a lot healthier in 5 weeks.

I actually kind of like it. It reinforces how long it will take to drop the weight responsibly. Its not accurate day-to-day, but over time its "on average" going to be accurate.

Something to keep in mind is most people's weight can fluctuate as much as 4-6 pounds due to glycogen level and the water required for the glycogen. This is going to fluctuate over time.

It is possible to be losing fat, but on a given day you restore glycogen levels (through eating) and add a pound or two of water. You are getting healthier, but the scale does not show it. Over time, the course of six months or so, this will average out. I say all this only to reinforce what the scale says can lie on any given day. If you keep track of food and exercise and follow your program, over a 3-6 month horizon you will lose weight and feel increasingly better!

:tongue:
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Ok... first of all... remember it says "If every day were like today... You'd weigh XXX in 5 weeks"

It basically means that if you ate, drank and exercised EXACTLY like "today" for 5 weeks it works out approx how much you should have lost and should now "weigh"

As every day's food / Drink / exercise is different so to is this calculation. I tend to write mine down in the "notes" section just for interest."

If your daily intake of calories is 1,200 then yes it will tell you off for eating even 1 calorie less than 1,200 as 1,200 calories is the MINIMUM recommended caloric intake for a woman.