Best compliment your friend/spouse/co-worker has said

Options
I think we should get Monday started out on the right foot! :)

Feel free to share the most motivating thing a friend/spouse/co-worker or even a stranger has said to you.

Last night my boyfriend said "Now that you work out you have more confidence." I'm not really sure how to interpret it, but hey as a woman who struggles with low self-esteem I'm glad to hear that it shows how good I feel on the outside too.

Now share yours! Please no negative comments; keep it positive!

Also, anyone looking for a motivated friend feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    "You look a lot slimmer than before"

"You lost weight"
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My parents made a nice comment this weekend when they came to visit. Just a plain old "hey you lost weight again, you look good".
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    "Can you teach me how to lose weight like you are?"
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Ex-husband: "How much weight have you lost?"

Me: "52 pounds"

Ex-husband: "....eye widen(pause)...."wow. You look great"

Me: "Yup!" as I turned and walked away (thinking eat your heart out @$$ ####)
  • AngeliaDR
    Options
    "No! Your a@@ is disappearing! Stop! I love your a@@." - literally the last 4 people that have seen me this weekend.
  • rosetat74
    rosetat74 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Gotta love that one :bigsmile:
  • rosetat74
    rosetat74 Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Gotta love that one :bigsmile:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I've had a lot of great compliments from people!! My favorite is the generic "you look great!" because it doesn't put any awkward focus on specific amount of loss or how horrible I may have looked to that person in the past.

But my favorite of all is probably when my husband, laughing, said in total honesty, "You are not even that fat!"

Backstory before anyone flips out ;-) My husband loves my curves, and thought I was equally as hot at 270 lb as I am now at 198 lb. He's glad I'm healthier now but never felt like I needed to lose weight for attractiveness' sake. At the time, I was making a very-rare-for-me self deprecating comment about being fat and that was his response. I loved it for its total honesty and it felt good to know that yeah, compared to before, I'm not all that fat.
  • nostress123
    Options
    On Friday night, this past week, I went out with a girlfriend and I was wearing print jeans, black and white and VERY BOLD.

This guy walking past us reached out and politely got my attention stating, “I just really need to let you know that you are wearing those print leggings the way they are meant to be worn. I’ve seen many women try, and fail miserably. That is how they should look.”
  • lecounth
    lecounth Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    One of the class instructors at the gym said I was shrinking in my clothes! I actually have weighed the same for about 2 months but my clothes are looser because I'm back to a better strength routine. I'm trying not to hyper-focus on the scale but more on how I look and feel!
  • ren_ascent
    ren_ascent Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 months pregnant and I'm tiny so it shows now. A person I don't know very well came up and asked me if I was pregnant. After I confirmed she said "you're obviously not fat so I felt safe to ask you". Awwwww :heart:
  • Frank_Just_Frank
    Frank_Just_Frank Posts: 454 Member
    Options

This!!! I really really REALLY want this moment with the ex wife...and in my fantasy this moment comes as I walk away with a smoking hot Brazilian on each arm ;)
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options

This!!! I really really REALLY want this moment with the ex wife...and in my fantasy this moment comes as I walk away with a smoking hot Brazilian on each arm ;)

This is what Im waiting for as well, well minus the Brazilian girls lol!!
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    But I did have the UPS lady tell me I have so lost so much weight since I had my baby in Nov. Its amazing when you get compliments from random people that you dont even think notice you out there :)
  • Sharon_73
    Sharon_73 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My acupuncturist, who is absolutely a gem, told me I have amazing legs! He is incredibly fit so it was a wonderful compliment! I am still smiling about it!
  • mghuss
    mghuss Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    While wedding dress shopping, the attendant made a comment about how small I was. Felt good, especially because I've battled my weight my whole life so the last time someone might have said something like that was probably when I was an infant.

Some of the women at work jokingly tell me to stop losing weight or I'm going to disappear!

:)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    But I did have the UPS lady tell me I have so lost so much weight since I had my baby in Nov. Its amazing when you get compliments from random people that you dont even think notice you out there :)

yes!! I agree. My husband and I shop at Big Lots (discount store where we get toilet paper & miscellaneous stuff) once a month or so and the cashier asked us last weekend if we're both losing lots of weight and said we look great! He has only lost a few pounds (doesn't have all that much he needs to lose) and I've lost quite a bit so that felt really good :-)
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    "I want to f**k you every time I see you"

Pretty crude but did wonders for my confidence. Oh and it wasn't my husband so it didn't happen but made me feel pretty good that day!
  • sumeetg37
    sumeetg37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Generally a lot of "you look great" "keep it up" which is nice of course, but my company had their anniversary party last wkend and people that I see every day commented on how great I looked dressed up (pretty casual office usually just jeans and a t-shirt for me). That really made me feel great because I feel like for people who don't see me every day it's a shock, but getting complimented by people I see all the time made it feel.... I dunno more real somehow?
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    One of my hubby's 20-something co-workers approached me at the gym last night and said " I just have to say you're shrinking, last time I saw you I thought to myself 'she looks like she's lost weight' but didn't want to say anything. But now I just have to say 'WOW just WOW'" Felt really nice to hear it from a stranger!