PMS bloating and weight

Options
Wondering if anyone else has this issue;

I. like everyone else, gain 2-3 lbs before my period. It's obvious as my breast are sore and bloated as well as my belly for about 2 weeks. It gets cumulatively worse up to when the period starts.

In reference to the breast pain and bloating in particular. When I've been lighter, I didn't have this problem, I didn't have sore or bloated breasts. It seems, when I've put on a few pounds, this bloating is worse. Is this possible?

Can actual weight gain cause more pain and bloating? It seems that it can.

Replies

• shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I am laughing over here, because I am having the opposite problem - I didn't really have PMS symptoms before I lost the weight -- now? Now I know that thing is coming a full week before it actually shows ups and I feel way more bloated/achy

I think before the extra weight masked the symptoms and just bounced off the fat :tongue:
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Wow... not even 30 minutes after posting and the user has deactivated... SMH...

Well, I'll still say what I came to say. lol Our bodies change over time. When I was younger, I rarely had ANY PMS issues, to the point where I thought other women must be exaggerating. lol The older I get, the more I notice them. I have at least one day, generally 5-7 days before I start, where I am just MEAN. And I can't figure out why, until I look at the calendar and count. I also have more intense cramping, tender breasts, etc. I'm nearly 41 years old and these symptoms have gotten much more noticeable, for me anyway, in the last 6 or so years.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options

Well, I'll still say what I came to say. lol Our bodies change over time. When I was younger, I rarely had ANY PMS issues, to the point where I thought other women must be exaggerating. lol The older I get, the more I notice them. I have at least one day, generally 5-7 days before I start, where I am just MEAN. And I can't figure out why, until I look at the calendar and count. I also have more intense cramping, tender breasts, etc. I'm nearly 41 years old and these symptoms have gotten much more noticeable, for me anyway, in the last 6 or so years.

So it might be an age thing then? I am 42 so maybe they just overlapped with the whole weight loss thing...
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Im 27 and i have been noticing those symptoms more in the last year. I get really mean and irritated. Its horrible. But i also have other female issues with cysts and such. I hear running helps with cramping. If you can handle it during that time that is. Otherwise try a hot pad. Good luck and i hope you feel better!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

So it might be an age thing then? I am 42 so maybe they just overlapped with the whole weight loss thing...

It's all due to hormones, and a significant weight loss (or a significant weight gain) can affect hormones. Or it may be due to age. Or a combination of both.