Keeping motivated--I've been selling of my clothes =)

Options
I have a long way to go and it always seems I lose some and find myself right back in my larger sizes. To keep myself motivated to keep moving forward I have sold off two sizes of larger clothing (my 26 & 28's) that I can no longer wear; so if I don't stick with it I will have nothing to wear; otherwise I have every size of jean from 16-24 for my decending size. Most of which are nice hand me downs--in a sense they are giving me a hand up for my journey.

What things are you doing to help the motivation up?

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Cool post!

Some little things that have helped me along the way are "rewards" like workout gear/clothes (not even anything really expensive...jump rope, basketball, compression style athletic pants on clearance) and when I've hit bigger milestones (like onederland) other rewards like getting new makeup and an organizer to keep it in. It reminds me of the goals I have accomplished.

Like you, I've gotten rid of clothing sizes too. Last summer I realized the 2X, 3X and 20s and 22s looked really sloppy on my changing body and sold them. From there it felt like no turning back. Same is happening for me now as I slowly shed the 1X and 18 from my wardrobe. That's even "weirder" for me because I can barely remember being XL/14-16 (it's been over 20 yrs since I was my current size).
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have donated all my fat clothes as I have gone along, because IM NEVER GOIN BACK!
    GOOD FOR YOU!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I have an every growing pile of clothes that are too large and will soon get rid of. I will however keep one pair of slacks as a reminder.

Currently, just as I try on clothes that have been hanging in my closet for years because they were too small, to see if they fit yet, so too do I occasionally slip on some of those "too big now" closthes to make note of how far I have come.

I have always loved to cook so to keep motiviated (and uninterested in junk food) I am constantly trying new recipes. I have 4 or 5 foods that I eat repetitiously for breakfast and lunch because they are nutrient rich ( and I like them) but come dinner time there is usually something packed with flavor, real ingredients and interesting flavors. The Food Network and Cooking Channel are my favorite TV stations and I find myself, more often, in Asian, Hispanic and Indian Markets as well as the Farmer's Market.
  • DeenerN
    DeenerN Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Not going back that is the goal, that's why this is not a "diet" for me--those are temporary and I'm not doing this for temporary results =)