Anyone else losing weight before getting pregnant?

Options
13»

Replies

• LisaMS83
    LisaMS83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Same Here folks, I'm 5'2 CW 141 and age 30, I want to lose weight and get in shape before we get married and I get pregnant with my first child. The real motivation seems to be that I have baby fever! I just feel that because I'm 30 (and everyone saying your getting older, it's gonna be harder or you better now, your to old to have you first baby!) I don't want my weight and diet to be an issue for not getting pregnant.
  • MomOfRose
    MomOfRose Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yup, I'm 30, 5'4", 172lbs, just 3 pounds less than I was at 9 months pregnant with my daughter 10 years ago. Likely to be pregnant in the next 3 months, so trying to lose what I can to start healthier.
  • thowie28
    thowie28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I would like to start trying in about 6-8 months. I'm trying to lose 30lbs by then so I can be healthy and in the best shape I can be in for my future baby.
  • AusAgGirl
    Options
    We're 3 months off trying to concieve and I am terrified of falling pregnant whilst still obese.
    I don't expect drastic reduction in my weight but 10-15kg would make a huge difference, especially as i'll keep going until we concieve.
    I've made a (secret) pinterest board that when i'm losign hope I look at, it helps.

Feel free to add me if you want support- we have a common goal that gives us the greatest motivation.
  • MrsBrown104
    MrsBrown104 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    YES! absolutly want to loose weight before hand. We are wanting to start trying at end of year. I would really like to loose 100 pounds, but i dont think i could do that in a year.
  • rachrach7595
    rachrach7595 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My partner and I would love another child but I won't even consider it a possibility until I am in a healthy weight range again because of all the problems I had with my first two. Also we will be going the route of IVF and so I would like there to be many more reasons it WILL succeed rather than my weight being a reason it probably will not.

Best of luck with everything :D
  • lkw_dvm2010
    lkw_dvm2010 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I am a busy profession and don't have much time. Unfortunatly, that means I don't take the time to eat as well as I should. My husband and I are on a quest to get healthier (and drop some weight in process). I have gained nearly 40lbs in past couple of years. My husband and I are wanting to start a family but seriously worry about our health.

Please add me to help keep us motivated.
  • HMDanek
    HMDanek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All - I met with my doctor this past weekend and was advised that it was necessary for me to get pregnant as soon as possible due to health complications that will eventually lead to a hysterectomy. As part of the process, I need to lose as much weight as possible. Currently I am 28 years old, 5'5", and weigh 254 pounds. Any recommendations on how to start? I've never been very active, and currently have a job that requires me to sit at a computer all day. I also have an insane sweet tooth. Any help you could provide would be GREATLY appreciated. Also, please feel free to add me. I don't have any friends as of yet on MFP and could use the support. Thanks.
  • MrsMr22
    MrsMr22 Posts: 2
    Options
    AN Amazing Testimony On A Spell Caster zogospellcasters@gmail.com Who help us to get a baby, So me and my wife have been trying for a baby for the last 5 years now and we have had no luck. she don't have a regular cycle so it is hard for me to tell when she is ovulating or not, but we always have sex at least 2 times a week, sometimes more. I know it can take up to a year to conceive but everyone i know who have had a baby have conceived within 2-3months of trying and it is really getting to me and my wife had a fertility test about a year ago and womb were fine. I'm thinking it could be a problem with me but I've never had any symptoms of any problems. My partner does smoke and have the occasional drink, and i used to smoke and also have the occasional drink. i know she is slightly overweight but that shouldn't affect our chances too much,one faithful day my friend told me to contact a spell caster that help her aunty, then i contact the man on this email: zogospellcasters@gmail.com , after three months the doctor confirm that she is pregnant thank you DR Zogo for helping us get a baby.... he can also help you to loose weight before getting pregnant
  • helenlou102
    helenlou102 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im back on MFP because i too need to lose weight as we want to try for a baby and technically i am obese as i am 5 ft 8 and weight 16.9 stone or 234 lbs. Ideally i need to lose at least 4 stone because i am 33 now and i am concerned about having a healthy baby and ensuring i have a healthy pregnancy too. Hoping we can all motivate each other. I like the idea of a private pininterest to movative me with my progress and those horrible fat photos you hate and delete so it never existed. My best friend is getting married in July too and i dont want to be the only one amongst my friends who doesn't look their best, because wedding photos in particular last forever!