Fitness dvd's

Options
I want to add all the exercise i do into the exercise database but they don't have any info on what you'd burn in calories. from fitness DVDs. I borrowed a few from a friend and I'm starting them today. Ive got dancing with the stars Dance Body Tone, and Dance of the Inches..Red Hot Cardio Party!, and the last was Dance with Julianne Just Dance!. does any one know what exercise i should add it under ?

Replies

• cactuswax
    cactuswax Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I asked this question a while back, and the response was to log it under circuit training. Assuming these vids push you a bit, a half hour video logged this way will put you at around 200-250 cals burned.
  • elmertheelephant
    Options
    Hi, I've been exercising to the davina McCall DVD and ive been logging it under aerobics.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Using a HRM will give you an accurate burn for what you're actually doing :)
  • LauraElizabeth1982
    Options
    thanks , I like all your idea's ;0)
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Agree with HRM that will be your best bet for any exercise
  • lizyoface
    lizyoface Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I typically just gauge how much effort I'm exerting and add it into my cardiovascular workouts as "calisthenics". There are some days you want to kill it and go a full hour with lots of energy so I'll enter that as aerobics but typically, its light/moderate effort calisthenics. Like others suggested, a heart rate monitor is the best way to go and are mildly inexpensive towards the beginning of the year - when most people are trying to firm up and drop pounds!

Hope that helps and have a fabulous week :)