Pub Crawl - Please help!

Options
So this coming weekend, I will be going on a pub crawl with my parents and some family friends. I just started doing T25 today, and I just want to stay on track and not drink! Help? Tips? Suggestions? Would be great!! Thanks.

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    dont go.

seriously that's really the only way to not drink at a pub crawl since the point of the pub crawl is to drink :wink:

why not just pffer to meet up with them afterwards? or better yet just drink log it and move on
  • mellypeters09
    mellypeters09 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Tip the bartender to fill your shots with water instead? lol. If you don't think your family and friends are going to let you not drink, then maybe it would be best to not go.

If your heart is really into it though, you could always exercise twice as much for the rest of the week? I am also doing T25! You could do the workouts twice or maybe add some other exercise.
  • dont go.

seriously that's really the only way to not drink at a pub crawl since the point of the pub crawl is to drink :wink:

why not just pffer to meet up with them afterwards? or better yet just drink log it and move on

This exactly! You are either in or out, and if you're in....just drink, log it and move on.
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A few suggestions;

Keep a non-alcoholic drink in your hand, so you don't look like you need a drink. Soda water and a slice of lime is delicious.

Alternate an alcoholic beverage with a non-alcoholic beverage. There's no reason why you should miss out just because you're trying to lose weight. Just do your research and make good choices. Everything in moderation.

Make the calorie goal a weekly goal this week. Work hard, keep a good deficit monday through friday, and use the surplus on the weekend. Or make the week a maintenance week.

Or just have a day off. Alot of people do that once a month or similar.
  • redfiona99
    redfiona99 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Claim designated driver status and say that's why you're not drinking. Or vodka and diet coke, which I think is the least worst option calorie wise.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    A trick I learned: if you want to go out and have fun but you don't want to drink, the best solution is to always have a drink in your hand! Seriously. Order a diet coke (discretly) and then whenever someone asks you if you need a drink say "no thanks I am good" and take a drink. They will move on :) They will simply assume there's rum or something in the glass.

I am not a big drinker, but I love to socialize. I used this method many times in university and it always worked :) I know some people will disapprove of this method and say it is dishonest (because I guess it isn't) however it is a great way to avoid the peer pressure and awkward "well why won't you drink?" conversations.
  • sarahge1988
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I will take all posts into account!!! I actually talked to a friend and mentioned that i should just stay home. and she made a great suggestion. to order water and take a MIO with me and just add it to my water or club soda. :)