Joined today, need to lose 98lbs, help or support welcome

Options
I'm new just joined today and looking to new friends and people to help me get motivated. I was told this is a awesome place for support. Any tips or guidance is welcomed along with new friends.Thank you all !!! :smile:

Replies

• cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi Missy,
    Yes this is a good site... I've gotten some great friends we try to support each other and you are welcome to friend me. I am aiming to lose 100 lbs. just joined a couple weeks ago. I think one of the best helpers about this site, at least for me is it is very easy to track my food/calories and just seeing it helps me make better choices by seeing that yep doing good or oops ok that's where I went wrong!
    Anyway you've taken the first step so give yourself a pat on the back!
    Cheri
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've been here for a month now. I love it. I love logging my food daily. It makes me truly aware of what I am putting in my body. Even if it's one bite, i log it. Feel free to add me as a friend, I'm here every day. Again, welcome.
  • missy41931
    Options
    Thank you Cheri, I trying to get the hang of this site. I'm hoping joining will help me lose what I need and make some good friends that are supportive and I can help someone else at the same time
  • missy41931
    Options
    Thanks Brandi, that is neat we can record our food intake but not sure if I will not go over what I'm allowed :-( Hoping I can do this and get into shape soon.
  • queenveef
    queenveef Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey I've been on the site for a month. 9 lbs down, 100+ to go. I've been on for 30 consecutive days! Still learning. Feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey. :smile:
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    For the most part, people here are very supportive. I have found some pretty nasty people though, but they're easy to just ignore. Congrats on starting! I have 100 to lose and am down 15 in four weeks. We can do this!! Add me if you want.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hi Missy. I have found MFP to be the best tool to aid me with my journey to good health. If you'd like to send a friend request, I'm willing to share support. All the best to you on your quest toward better health! :flowerforyou:
  • chocolateandbutterscotch
    Options
    Welcome! I love it here. Great community. Feel free to add me if you would like. :)
  • ccopley33
    ccopley33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I joined a couple years ago, and it seemed extremely helpful. I am starting today too. So tired of being the "pretty fat girl"...Welcome!!!!!
  • countryplacerv
    Options
    You are right on. Keeping track of the food you eat is so easy here. That's what is really helping me out. The bonus is having friends support you and help get you through this journey. Would love to have you as a friend.
  • natalie_journey
    natalie_journey Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for about a week and I find it very helpful, lost 4 pounds so far! Feel free to add me =)
  • traerjudy
    traerjudy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am fairly new also. Joined a week ago today and have lost 5 pounds. I can't see or feel it but the scale says so, so I am believing it. Welcome
  • stepkrum
    stepkrum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting! Take it slow losing weight takes time.
    13790333.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • akdollie
    akdollie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place for motivation, support, and just being able to talk about your lifestyle changes. Feel free to add me if you want- I'm on often throughout the day.
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Missy, Welcome! I dabbled for a month or so, blew everything off over Christmas and got back to it in January.
    I find logging my food to be incredibly helpful, even on days you go over. It's good to see where you blow it too. You learn form it all. I also just bought a food scale to be more accurate with my food. I highly recommend it, $15.00 on Amazon.
    Find people you have something in common with, whether it is age or # to lose, or whatever. I also add friends when I like what they have to say in a post. You can do this!
  • missy41931
    Options
    Wow thank you all for all your kind words, I'm here for anyone that needs a boost or just to chat....we all need the help or we wouldn't be on here so here is to helping each other out !!!
  • She_Loses_It
    Options
    I am aiming to lose 100lbs. I have been off and on for years, but I am really committed and serious about it. Started doing beach body with some other people. I have seen some amazing results. But I can always use motivation and accountability. :)
  • mcalister28
    Options
    Im also new to this and i dont know how to get friends on here lol
  • sarahscoles1
    sarahscoles1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow thank you all for all your kind words, I'm here for anyone that needs a boost or just to chat....we all need the help or we wouldn't be on here so here is to helping each other out !!!

That's the perfect attitude to have! Welcome! Like you, I have a significant amount of weight to lose (even more than you). I had lap band surgery in September of 2013, and while having the band helps control my portions, I still control what I put into my mouth. And with the help of MFP, it definitely keeps me in check by giving me the tools to track my food and make sure that I'm meeting the dietary requirements I need to not only lose weight, but keep my body healthy. I'd love to add you as a friend, so if you'd like to, shoot me a request! :)

Sarah
  • babychinpy
    Options
    Put up a "regular day" worth of food in your diary, so people can see where you can have improvement. Don't deceive yourself, it is so easy to get into the "underestimating" trap.. It is good to calorie count for a couple of weeks to get a hold of the sizes of things relative to their weight, so you know portion sizes.