What ear phones do you guys use for running?

Options
I use an in-ear one and it keeps slipping when I jog. I get super sweaty during my workouts and I am looking for an ear phone that would stay in place.

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Target $8.99/pr
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    yurbuds

Waterproof and locks in place.
  • JimieLou
    JimieLou Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I formerly had JVC marshmallow ones. They have a puffy marshmallow like pillow around the plastic part of the bud and I never had any problems with them slipping. My boyfriend recently bought me a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre earbuds. They have a silicone pad that keeps them from slipping out of your ears. Although they are pricey, I would highly recommend them. They are super comfy and have fantastic sound quality. I also like that I can pause and adjust the volume using a handy little control on the cord.
  • HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bose IE2 worth the splurge IMO
  • Harpin_Maddog
    Harpin_Maddog Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bose ie2 ear bud phones. I can't use anything else. Missing that part of the ear that keeps other ear bud in. Very common issue. These are the only ones that work for me. They say they will fit any ear. Little spendy. About $100. But I have had them over a year and use them 4 to 5 days a week and run about 30+ miles a week and never had a problem. Money well spent.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Sennheiser CX300 IIs which I adore and have used for running in the past. However, a few weeks ago I got a free pair of headphones with my protein powder (weird, right?) and they stay in my ears, so I decided to use those instead and minimise the damage to my darling Sennheisers.
  • Cheesehead43
    Options
    I use the good ol fashioned style that have the band that goes over your head and padded ear phones. They stay in place and have excellent sound! I like JVC.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

have a pair for over 2 years and still work great.
  • ambyrcat
    Options
    JVC in ear with a hook that goes over top of your ear. They're like $10 so I keep a couple pairs around. One in my purse, on in the car, one lost somewhere in the house…

ETA, I don't care for regular padded on the ear headphones when exercising because they get all damp and sweaty. Yuck :D
  • lizyoface
    lizyoface Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just use my Boise earphones and they work really well - plus I can BLAST music and no one hears it :) ...The downside is that they aren't cheap but Boise are beyond worth it in the long run!
  • christopherphillips1983
    Options
    A pair of Sony marshmallow headphones I got for like $30 a few years ago. I can't use earbuds, they hurt like hell after about 10 minutes.
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I use Sennheiser PMX 680 and they really stay in place but they are wired. I also use Avantree Jogger Bluetooth headphones that I REALLY like. They stay in place great and I don't have to fiddle with any wires.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    iBeats

Great sound, can answer phone calls and skip songs/adjust volume on the left ear cord.
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    yurbuds

Waterproof and locks in place.

This. Worth every penny and are super comfy/great sound and won't slip out of your ears.
    And they have them for women. The iphone ear buds I have don't even sit in my ears when I'm not moving. These won't fall out- I'm very impressed.
  • NCSteveVH
    NCSteveVH Posts: 85 Member
    Options

have a pair for over 2 years and still work great.

I third the Bose. Pricey, but sound is incredible. I've used them daily for two years and no problems. Definitely worth the money if you really get into your music.
  • wombat94
    wombat94 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Jaybird Bluebuds X... bluetooth, made for working out, sweat proof guarantee, multiple sizes of both the in-ear canal cushions and their own ear fit pad thingies that help hold the buds in the ear as well.

They are amazing - incredibly light and last for many hours on a charge.

The combination of great sound, secure fit and no wires from my phone made it worth every penny of the (pretty expensive) price.

Ted
  • LisaR517
    Options
    Ive tried a million different brands (YurBuds, Sony, Skull something-or-other), and the only ones that FINALLY work for me are the Koss FitClips! They never fall out and the sound quality is great!
  • AnnACnd
    AnnACnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I use the ironman yurbuds!! Work really well for me.
  • msflynnbly
    msflynnbly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just invested in some wireless neckband ones, brilliant, no mores wires, £20 on amazon x
  • stephen4232
    stephen4232 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I just use the ones that come with my iPhone....I find they work very well for me.