Round 2 of MFP...ready to be under 200!

Options
Hey everyone, I am looking for some friends with some similar goals. I have 44 pounds to lose before I hit my first goal of under 200 lbs, after that I will have another 15 to get to my ultimate goal of 175 lbs . I am sick and tired of being fat. I haven't seen under 200 since before my daughter was born...she is in 7th grade. This is my second time coming back to MFP. The first time I started I weighed 253 pounds and managed to keep 10 pounds off even after I quit MFP the first time. Looking for friends who are willing to help motivate me and want to be motivated. I now that I sound hard on myself but I need to be, I shouldn't have quit MFP in the first place as I was doing really well. If I would have kept going I would have been at my goal :-( It is time for me to kick my own a@$ and stop making excuses!

Thanks!!

Replies

• Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    we have similar stories, i started at 250 about 2 yrs ago, made it to 199 and was soooooooooo happy! then i got hurt playing soccer and its been downhill from there. I should have never quit. i started again this year and ive lost 8lbs. im also very sick and tired, maybe this time it will stick!, friend request sent!
  • trishd6
    Options
    we have similar stories, i started at 250 about 2 yrs ago, made it to 199 and was soooooooooo happy! then i got hurt playing soccer and its been downhill from there. I should have never quit. i started again this year and ive lost 8lbs. im also very sick and tired, maybe this time it will stick!, friend request sent!

Thanks for adding me!!
  • niaomidawn
    Options
    I'm with you...... its round 2 for me too!! My best friend is getting married in July and has asked me to be her maid of honor... I hate to think people will see me and think "thats the fat bridesmaid" I don't want to ruin her pictures so I need to kick it up a little!! You can both add me if you would like!!!
  • snow00774
    Options
    in for this being the lifestyle change that sticks, not the diet that worked before!
  • jenydc
    jenydc Posts: 12
    Options
    You can add me! I am on round two of MFP as well. :)
  • jojotru
    Options
    I am right there with you. I was up to almost 230 and and now down to 223. Its my second trip here on MFP as well and I am really needing the motivation to get moving again. Just started my 2nd round last week. I am currently recovering from total knee replacement. I had it done November 26th and was discharged from my Outpatient Physical Therapy a few days ago. I am well on my way to a complete recovery, which normally takes 6 months to a year. I wasn't able to exercise much before, and still am unable to do a lot of lower body exercises but I do have a recumbent bike and I continuing with my knee and leg exercises given by the therapist. I am looking forward to warmer weather (7 inches of snow here today) so that I can get out and walk, but until then, I am a bit scared to fall in the elements with my knee. At the age of 45, well 45 on 2/6, I am feeling and fat. I need a new outlook and I need to complaining, feeling sorry for myself. I need to get moving and get healthy. Looking for friends to motivate and encourage while I will motivate and encourage in return.
  • AnnACnd
    AnnACnd Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've just recently reached my goal but if you want someone to cheer you on feel free to add me :)
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I started MFP last year at 232lbs. Now, 365 days later (yes, today is my 1 yr anniversary), I am at 196. My next goal is 165 by June. Check out my profile; if you like what you see, feel free to add me.
  • rylinn212
    Options
    I think you and I should be friends ..... I'm 41 in 9 days and have been teetering at 200lbs since 2002. This is my year to take back my body and stress levels! I've lost 10 lbs since Jan 1 this year, I started using MFP in the middle of January as a way to track myself after I started seeing results.

I feel so much better and have had an energy level increase. I eat healthy but don't let myself starve. I love walking workouts as all the weight I've been carrying around makes it difficult to do high impact exercise but I'm getting stronger and I've already worked up to low impact HIIT's. I mostly do workouts I find on YouTube channels, like Jessica Smith TV and Be FIT Lionsgate. They are great!!! Looking forward to hearing your successes :)