Losing motivation, so figured I would post my during pic :)

Options
The weight seems to be coming off much slower now, and I'm getting pretty comfortable where I'm at, but I REALLY REALLY want to be thin for the first time in a VERY long time so I am trying not to lose motivation.

Sometimes I get some serious motivation looking at everyones before and after pics. I still have quite a bit to go, but thought that if I put this out there it would help motivate someone else, and keep me focused!

(The "after" pic is a few weeks old and I've lost about 5 pounds since then)

newme2.jpg

Replies

• Desiree219
    Options
    Don't lose motivation! I'm here for you buddy!! You are doing so well, and it's totally obvious to everyone that you've been working really hard. It's paying off and I'm sure it will continue to pay off. Your "during" pic is proof...and that was what, five pounds ago?? Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be to your goal weight in no time!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Looking good! You must be several sizes smaller by now - you look great! Keep going, just keep your healthy habits. You are worth it. :) Seriously worth it.
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    This is such a long journey, sometimes there are ups and sometimes there are downs. I went through this a while back and what I did was helpful to me...so take it with a grain of salt ok :)! I just wanted a little break. I knew what I should eat and how much I should eat so, I did just that. I ate what I knew my calorie goal was, I didn't work out, not a single day. Then one morning, I woke up and I just was ready to keep going it took me about a week and a half. I was rested and my confidence was returned because I didn't gain any weight. Let yourself prove it can do it without the website. It is reassuring and good practice to making healthy choices without MFP. Good luck you look great and I know will keep going! Hugs and enjoy the ride to being a healthier you!
  • tymberwolf
    Options
    Don't lose motivation! I'm here for you buddy!! You are doing so well, and it's totally obvious to everyone that you've been working really hard. It's paying off and I'm sure it will continue to pay off. Your "during" pic is proof...and that was what, five pounds ago?? Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be to your goal weight in no time!

Thanks Desiree...that meant a lot to me :) We can do this....skinny by spring right? :)
  • ajswriter
    ajswriter Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look great! Maybe upping the ante on your reward system would help boost continued loss. It's easy to lose motivation--take on the challenge of getting it back!
  • monkeymom11
    Options
    WOW you look great!! Keep up the good work. Don't lose motivation because your picture is great motivation for us!! Congratulations on the weight loss!
  • amysedwards
    amysedwards Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Just keep reminding yourself of the positive changes you have achieved so far - write down your successes!
  • lifechanger74
    Options
    you look great....i can't wait to have an "after" picture....i am gonna be one hottt mama lol....keep going girl :)
  • tymberwolf
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I already feel better :) Maybe I wont run to the store and buy a gallon of ice cream :wink:

I am glad I made the decision to post that pic, as everyone has been so nice about it. I cant wait until I can add the third one to the end, the true "after"

Jenn
  • meeshers
    meeshers Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    if you feel great now, think how awesome you'll feel at your final goal!! you look so good and are doing so well, you can give it that extra push :) keep at it!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Keep it up!
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You look great, so don't loose motivation.

I'm in the same boat as you, so thanks for motivating me in the process ! :flowerforyou:
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    EDIT: Sorry, dbl post.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    The weight seems to be coming off much slower now, and I'm getting pretty comfortable where I'm at, but I REALLY REALLY want to be thin for the first time in a VERY long time so I am trying not to lose motivation.

Sometimes I get some serious motivation looking at everyones before and after pics. I still have quite a bit to go, but thought that if I put this out there it would help motivate someone else, and keep me focused!

(The "after" pic is a few weeks old and I've lost about 5 pounds since then)

newme2.jpg

Well I can't order and demand that you start to feel motivated again, but I just wanted to say that please, do not give up, you can see such a big difference in your before and after photos, that it would be such a shame to chuck it all in now.

Try eating at maintenance level for a week or two and then really crack on again. It is more like staleness that has cause you to feel like this. Take a little maintenance level break, but before you do, have a date in mind, within the next two weeks whereby you will start it all off again and keep that date in your head, continually looking forward to starting it again.

You really do look great, persevere and you will definitely get there xxx
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    what a difference! you should be feeling incredibly proud of your achievement...you have lost a serious amount of weight.

keep up the great work :flowerforyou:
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Your "during" picture is fantastic! You've done an amazing job to get where you are.
    I have issues staying motivated in the process as well so I know where you are coming from.

Keep up the hard work, it is paying off :)
  • suchaprettiface
    suchaprettiface Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job at creating a life that you love and being accountable for your health and your life! You look fantastic! Just keep reaching out and getting support from the people who love you and your MFP friends! You are an inspiration to so many others and you will succeed!
  • Desiree219
    Options
    Thanks Desiree...that meant a lot to me :) We can do this....skinny by spring right? :)
    [/quote]

Skinny By Spring!!
  • Desiree219
    Options

Skinny By Spring!!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I think most of us hit a point in weight loss where we feel happy with ourselves. This is because we are lot slimmer than we were! But still not slim enough? But all the confidence and renewed vitality is bouncing away and its easy to say 'I'm happy with myself now'.

The only problem with that is that we end up gaining again! Dont know why, just that's exactly what I did last year!!

I say stick with your goals and be the best you can be!! Don't settle for half measures. This time around I'm going all the way! No matter how long it takes!!!

good luck :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!