Satisfying food since starting MFP

Options
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed their food being much more satisfying since paying closer attention to it?

I meal plan for the entire week, make my grocery run, and then stick to that meal plan. I've decreased my impulse dinners because I know that there's something thawing in the fridge and I don't want it to go to waste. I've been cooking at home more and the food is just oh-so-satisfying. And since it's just me, I have yummy leftovers to take with me to work too.

In the past week I've made and enjoyed...
-Breakfast bowls made with potatoes, salsa, eggs, and cheese
-Blueberry Banana baked oatmeal
-Tilapia with brown rice and broccoli
-Chicken Alfredo and broccoli with garlic bread
-Shrimp stir-fry with brown rice, asian vegetables, and teriyaki sauce
-London Broil, roasted potatoes, and green beans
-Shrimp Alfredo and broccoli with garlic bread

YUUUUUMMMMMMM :love: :drinker:

Infinitely times more satisfying that the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches I've been eating every morning, fast food, and ready to heat dinners.

Replies

• knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    As a shift worker I was grabbing food on the fly quite often, my son still lives at home (he's 23) so he was left to fend for himself. But I have been meal planning and cooking and yes I have to agree I am way more satisfied and so is he :)
  • LRoslin
    LRoslin Posts: 128
    Options
    Yes, I've noticed it too. I've started to enjoy egg white omelets at lunch, with toast and jelly on the side, and it all fits into my macros because I planned ahead. And at dinner I pretty much eat what my family eats, except for subbing in gluten free stuff (gluten sensitivity) for myself.

I think another factor, besides the home cooking, is the pre-logging and planning takes away some of the "should I be eating this?" thoughts that used to lurk in my head when I ate dinner. Now I eat what I want, and I know it's feeding my body, not just tasting good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ... I love the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. Especially the 280 calories croissants.

But I agree that whatever I eat home is typically more satisfying than fast food or frozen dinners.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I love when I eat something delicious and I know it's low in calories. I made a nice spicy lentil chili for lunch today.
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    My food is just as satisfying, HOWEVER, I have learned now that I have been on mfp for several weeks which foods satisfy me more, and I allot my calories towards those foods vs. foods I didn't really like but ate anyway before.
  • MomOfRose
    MomOfRose Posts: 89 Member
    Options

Would love to know your Alfredo recipe; I LOVE creamy sauces but the calories...OH the calories!
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options

Would love to know your Alfredo recipe; I LOVE creamy sauces but the calories...OH the calories!

There is no substitute for heavy cream, real butter, and expensive italian cheese..

Please disprove this^^

ETA: A bit of alfredo over some protein is probably a whole lot less calories than a bowl of pasta swimming in it. So, maybe this is just a matter of moderation.