Need to learn to love my treadmill

Options
sigh. i was 2.5 miles into my evening run in the neighborhood this evening when a car pulled a u-turn as i was turning the corner. this car continued to follow me slowly down the street and i got "that" feeling. you know, the feeling of your heart dropping into your stomach. i made the decision to run to the nearest house with cars in the driveway and lights on outside. as i crouched behind the cars this man turned off his car and walked up and down the street looking for me. this went on for about 5 minutes when the next door neighbor pulled up. she immediately knew something was amiss and called the police. by the time they arrived he was gone but let me tell you i have never been so scared in my life!!!!!
i have always found running on the treadmill to be insanely boring. how can i learn to love it as much (or close to) as i love running outside?

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    That's crazy scary!!! When I went running I would always bring my phone along... no matter how inconvenient it was.
  • MonkeyMoo08
    Options
    Wow, sounds scary!!

Do you have an iPod or MP3 player? I like to listen to music when I'm running. Also, you can challenge yourself and make it similar to running outside by changing up the incline.
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    That is scary! Well two things...Maybe you can find a running partner(s) or turn on your favorite tunes and think about what your future will be like after losing your weight and run. Don't focus on the time or anything else on the treadmill just "go". Good luck and be safe!