Coffee and wine!

Options
So I have come to a place where I have decided that every day, I will have a cup of coffee with REAL sugar and REAL cream in it. I may just have 2! Also, I am having a glass (or maybe 2!) of wine with dinner. Again, every day or nearly every day. Yes, I am budgeting the calories for these into my day. I really have no idea why I am posting this, other than it validates that I have come to this decision and that these little luxuries make me very happy, make me feel like I am not cutting back on things I love, and overall make the whole losing weight thing much easier for me. Also, I don't care what anyone says, stevia makes my coffee taste like crap! :)

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    It feels great to get to that place, that you can have the things you enjoy you just need to make them fit :)
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I love it!
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I drank wine and coffee all through my weight loss (and rum, and vodka, and and and . . . ). Budget for it, then enjoy the heck out of it!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    I always budget at least one coffee - often an Americano with whipped cream - into my day, and imbibe with some regularity. A diet that precludes foods or drinks you know you like is more likely to fail.
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Me too...hate stevia and other artificial sweeteners. If I can't have honey in my tea, I'm just not having any.

I Just recently found whole milk yogurt in my local grocery. It's so good, I'm finding a way to fit the calories in.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Good on you. If having coffee and wine is within your calorie limit, still allows you to get adequate nutrition, and means you will adhere to your plan better, then it is the right thing to do!
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I drink/drank coffee all through my weight loss AND Wine frequently (as in almost every day). Just budget it in and make healthy food choices! I did learn that I like almond milk in my coffee, and even adapted to drinking black coffee at work if I was having a 'need more coffee' kind of day,lol. I do use stevia type sweeteners, but if you want sugar, just watch your amounts and I'm sure it won't hinder you! Congrats on figuring out that this isn't an all or nothing kind of journey! :D
  • action_man
    action_man Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Its a great place to be. I think so many people fail because they think they have to pay some sort of penance to the weight-loss gods to be successful. You can eat whatever you want as long as you budget for it.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am budgeting the calories for these into my day.

:drinker:
  • Whiskeytub
    Whiskeytub Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Your diet will work better if it also makes you happy. Isn't the whole point of this to make your life a bit beter in some way? People complain so much about diets that you kind of get conditioned to think they should be miserable experiences. Well, that is bull****. Cheers to deprivation-free diets!
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    couldn't agree more! if if you budget it in, then enjoy. How on earth can we expect success if we aren't enjoying what we are eating (or drinking lol). I will not now or ever give up wine. NOPE NO WAY NO HOW. But I'm halfway towards my weight loss goal.

:) Congrats to you on a job well done. Enjoy your coffee and wine the way you like, c'est la vie!
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    must have my daily coffee
  • Jambalady
    Jambalady Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Amen!!! Those are the 2 exact things I will not give up. My coffee with cream and sugar and my wine.
  • JuliaLee67
    Options
    i'm on my second glass of wine myself! cheers! :drinker:
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    So I have come to a place where I have decided that every day, I will have a cup of coffee with REAL sugar and REAL cream in it. I may just have 2! Also, I am having a glass (or maybe 2!) of wine with dinner. Again, every day or nearly every day. Yes, I am budgeting the calories for these into my day. I really have no idea why I am posting this, other than it validates that I have come to this decision and that these little luxuries make me very happy, make me feel like I am not cutting back on things I love, and overall make the whole losing weight thing much easier for me. Also, I don't care what anyone says, stevia makes my coffee taste like crap! :)

Mixing caffeine and alcohol can be incredibly bad for your heart. Be careful if you consume the two around the same time.
  • Crumpet_Girl
    Crumpet_Girl Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Love it :drinker: :heart: :bigsmile: