latose (sp) intolerent

Options
thinking i might be, it seems that after i consume milk i get real gasey. not real fone of milk. i have noticed in the morning i get gasey with my coffee, which i drank w milk, if i eat cereal, toot toot. tonight i had yogurt and within movements tooting away. i looked up L I and it says that gas n diherra (sp) is a sypthom, which i dont have anyone want to add their 2 cents

Replies

• Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I feel so much better since I stopped consuming milk on a regular bases. I still have it every once in a while, maybe twice a month. I feel less bloated and less gasey.

If you cut back on milk make sure you take a calcuim + vitamin D supplement.

Good luck.

Eva
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    It sounds like your lactose intolerant... or at least that you have a sensitivity to cows milk... try eliminating dairy from your diet for a few days a see if you feel better. If it turns out you are sensetive and you don't want to give it up completely there are dairy digestive enzymes you can buy. I get mine from my nutropath but they probably have them at health food stores.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I can't tolerate milk, but yogurt (and a little bit of cheese) are still fine. I've had problems with milk since my early twenties, with the exception being when I was pregnant, when I could eat ice cream without ill effect...
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I think I have the same problem. I'm okay if I have a dash of milk in my coffee, but I notice that whenever I have a cup of milk with lunch, by the time I get home my belly is all gurgley (sp?) and I'm gassy. I never have had this problem before until recently, so I was pondering if I could have BECOME lactose intollerant. I'm not a huge fan of milk, but I do like it once in a while. Any recommendations to cut out the belly symptoms. It's a bit embarrassing....*blush*

Shannon
  • yogagirl1111
    yogagirl1111 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    We are the only known species to drink and consume milk of another species. It is spiked full of hormones and antibiotics. and its full of fat.. I wouldn't recommend anyone. Also, as we age, the amount of lastase (enzymes that digest lactose) diminishes. The majority of minorities such as asians, aa, and hispanics are also lactose intorant. Hope this helps, I have the same problem and was in denial about it for the longest time each time telling myself that one bite wouldn't kill, it doesn't kill but it sure is uncomfortable and embaressing. Hope this helps =)
  • dmedina
    Options
    I am using the almond milk. It has no lactose or soy and no sugar and it comes in as little as 40 calories per cup. Check it out, my nutritionist recommends it. They also make the unsweetened chocolate milk and you can use splenda or stavia to sweeten it. Keep in mind there are flavoring extracts you can use but you won't need them.
  • dmedina
    Options
    and for your coffee, use the refrigerated half & half.
  • SafariLara
    Options
    I realized I was lactose intolerant when I was 17 and I dont miss milk at all. It made me feel like crap... haha

Plus they PUMP IT FULL OF HORMONES so its not good for you anyway :)