Eating more calories

Options
Hello all,

MFP has given me 1200 calories daily to consume but today I reached about 1100, not too far under but what are some things I can do to ensure I'm meeting my caloric needs. I do eat breakfast, a snack before lunch, lunch, dinner and maybe a snack post work out, I also prep my food on Sunday in portion sized plastic containers for the week so I'm not over eating or tempted to eat junk. If your meals are already healthy and pre planned (most days) what are some things I can do to make up for the extra 100 or so calories I didn't eat? Is it ok to constantly be under your allotted calories?

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    If your using low fat or diet versions of food products, substituting one or two of those for their regular version will quickly add some calories and things like adding cheese or condiments to you food will quickly give you another 100. Without seeing your diary its hard to assess where it can be beefed up though.

Generally its fine to go under you calories a little, however your eating very little at the moment so I would definitely aim to reach that 1200 most days.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    You need to hit at least the 1200 calories, assuming you're not exceptionally short or petite. Note that this is before you add in the calories you need for your workouts, which should be eaten as well.

How do you get more calories in? Eat more food, whether larger portions or more frequently (doesn't matter). Peanut butter, avacados, chick peas, meat, or even a couple of cookies or some ice cream will work.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    If you're under calories, one or more of your macros is not fulfilled. Since MFP sets protein oddly low for most people, try making a beverage with a scoop of protein powder in it, or see which macro is under goal and find something to match it.
  • 1PrettiNikki
    Options
    You need to hit at least the 1200 calories, assuming you're not exceptionally short or petite. Note that this is before you add in the calories you need for your workouts, which should be eaten as well.

How do you get more calories in? Eat more food, whether larger portions or more frequently (doesn't matter). Peanut butter, avacados, chick peas, meat, or even a couple of cookies or some ice cream will work.

I am 5'0. I guess I'm just afraid to add more calories in fear i'll gain more weight. I do work out 6 days a week doing fitness classes as well as weights and cardio so it added an extra 370 to the calories based on the amount of exercise I do. I just had 3 whole grain crackers with about less than a tablespoon of peanut butter as a snack after dinner and I was surprised that it didn't boost my calories much higher.
  • Avandel
    Avandel Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    A handful of nuts, walnut, almond, etc. they are good for you & high in calories. You should have no problem meeting your daily requirements without feeling stuffed. :happy:
  • 1PrettiNikki
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help!