Scale scare

Options
I GAINED 1.5 LBS!!!!! I need help because im starting to stuff myself like a turkey over the few weeks. Seriously. Then i get guilty and dont log my foods. Even today was a struggle but i loaded all my foods for you guys to see my worst day. I need tips on how to not stuff myself so i dont gain more weight. Also name some foods that are good, but low calorie and fats.

Replies

• datagram40
    datagram40 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I start drinking water when I get hunrgry.

I have a snack in between meals. My snacks consist of a fruit or veggie and one ounce of almonds. The protein is what will help you be less hungry. I just started doing this after receiving this advise from a nutritionist. Definitely works better than just a single serving of fruits or veggies between meals.

Don't forget water! Full glass (8 oz) before meals.
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Your food diary must be set to private. We can't see it.

In general: eating foods with high fiber will help keep you fuller for longer. If you're eating out of boredom, then you'll really be the only one who can stop you. Unless you have someone you live with who's willing to knock food out of your hand.

Try journaling everything you're GOING to eat in the day early on. I find it helps me stick to the things I'm supposed to eat and then my motivation to not go off is that I would have to modify everything on my page. I try to make sure I get enough fiber and enough protein while sticking to whatever my calorie goal is for the day. It's hard to balance all 3 and then I'd rather eat what I journaled instead of having to try to balance them all again.

Beans are one of the best things for me as they have both fiber AND protein. The reason people associate beans with gas is that, if you regularly eat too little fiber, getting alot of it all at once is a shock to your system. If you eat enough fiber every day, then you don't have that problem. I eat black bean soup, black bean veggie burgers, and meatless chili (I'm not a vegetarian, but red meat is generally higher in fat and calories, so I don't eat much meat every day.)

Hope something in there helps!
  • datagram40
    datagram40 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add a few examples of lean proteins to have with your snacks:

Protein drink
    egg whites
    yogurt
    string cheese
    cottage cheese
    nuts/seeds
    2 oz turkey or chicken
    or even a glass of skim milk (I hate milk so I drink soy milk)
  • Darkraiven
    Darkraiven Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My suggestion would be this.... something I learned while dealing with Gestational Diabetes- during both my pregnancies, and now with Type II Diabetes... ( well under control too! ) I do this:

Eat 3 meals and 3 snacks every day. Spread about no more than 3 hours between each meal or snack. Make sure you are drinking your daily requirement of water or more to help keep yourself feeling full.

Make sure you have protein in your meals and snacks to help keep yourself feeling full and satisfied... balance your carbs and the protein by servings.

I don't "diet"... I pay attention to what I eat and how much of it I eat and I will notice my choices can be bad if I am hungry and have skipped a meal or snack...

Make time for yourself- and have a break and a snack or lunch or dinner- be sure to eat breakfast- to get that metabolism going and keep it going by refueling every 3 hours... this will keep that motor of yours burning the fat...

In the morning- I take a Low Fat Greek Yogurt with me to my office and have that and coffee each morning- My morning snack is usually one ounce of cheese and a piece of fruit like an apple or a banana... lunch is usually a BLT or Turkey sammich made at home on Orowheat Double Fiber bread ( yummy stuff & good for you too! ) and a bowl of chicken noodle soup or something along those lines.

Mid- afternoon snack is generally a handful of nuts and cranberries and milk or a Fiber One snack bar or something like that.... then after work, it's off to Curves-

Dinner varies... but again- eating 3 meals and 3 snacks... helps keep that engine revved up to burn off that annoying fat!

Don't let the holiday lbs sneak up on you, it's very easy this time of year! I just signed up at Curves on a team to NOT gain any weight between now and January 5th, 2011... we're all making a commitment to not gain anything- losing would be ideal but at least not to gain- maintain through the holiday time!

I am not sure what to suggest to you for meals and snacks- because I don't know what your tastes and preferences are ....

Another thing- are you weighing yourself the same time every time you do it?

Good luck with it!