IN THE MOOD TO TALK

Options
I was just sitting here and thought it would be great to chat a bit you start the subject

Replies

• randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have posted my number numerous times and you refuse to text me so I'll concede defeat and chat you up on the message boards. How are ya doing?
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    you should totally get a livejournal, and then add me! loathesome.livejournal.com
  • swaby
    swaby Posts: 51
    Options
    I never saw your number but soon good and you?
  • swaby
    Options
    Never heard of live journal
  • randyv99
    Options
    My number's in the forum just lookup text in the search. I was actually just about to head to bed. My nephew's having a hard time staying asleep but I think my sister just put him in bed for the third attempt.
  • swaby
    Options
    Okay maybe some other time you are welcome to message me
  • foxyforce
    Options
    livejournal was like...a crazy amazing venue to discuss your worldview before facebook came around and depessed me. livejournal.com
  • randyv99
    Options
    Okay maybe some other time you are welcome to message me

About to head to bed means I'll probably actually go to bed in 2 hours. I'm kind of addicted to this website.
  • randyv99
    Options
    livejournal was like...a crazy amazing venue to discuss your worldview before facebook came around and depessed me. livejournal.com

Why did FB depress you? There's hardly anyone discussing anything far less worldviews on FB.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    hey you guys. wanna chat with me? I'm feeling low :(
  • swaby
    Options
    Sure what's on your mind
  • randyv99
    Options
    What's up lucky?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    my boss just basically told me that I suck as a teacher. I know this is not true, I am just in the wrong setting, but I can't help it, I feel like a loser.

I belong in a grade-school classroom. I'm teaching former dropouts at a career college. I hate it. I have a 100+ mile drive everyday to go to a job I hate.
  • swaby
    Options
    Make the most of the situation make your own happiness
  • randyv99
    Options
    my boss just basically told me that I suck as a teacher. I know this is not true, I am just in the wrong setting, but I can't help it, I feel like a loser.

I belong in a grade-school classroom. I'm teaching former dropouts at a career college. I hate it. I have a 100+ mile drive everyday to go to a job I hate.

100+ mile! Are you nuts?! I would say quit that job and do something you love but it's probably not going to be that simple with the economy being as it is. Is there anything else going on in your life that your boss' comments affected you so much today or has s/he just been riding' you too hard for too long?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    I moved from San Francisco to LA to take this job, and my sister helped me get it. SO I basically feel like if I quit (which I could potentially afford to do) then it will reflect badly on her. Which sucks.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    She's basing her assessment of me on the comments made by the dropouts. Every month they have a survey to take and a couple of them just don't like me so they talk ****. She is believing them over me.

I know I am an excellent teacher. I just hate this situation. I hate that she is making me doubt myself.
  • swaby
    Options
    100 miles is alot
  • foxyforce
    Options
    because I really enjoy content...i love to read about peoples lives, I love to write about mine and be able to exhale everything I inhale...it feels really awesome. Facebook is just a way to brand ourselves, there is no content...I just don't like it. Going back to livejournal has given me a rush!

Why did FB depress you? There's hardly anyone discussing anything far less worldviews on FB.
  • swaby
    Options
    Learn to modify your situation or accept and try to be happy