What do you do when....

Options
...a food you ate is not on database and the pack has no nutritional information?

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I usually log the closest thing that I can find to what I've eaten.
  • tikka29
    tikka29 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Try and search it on the internet, sometimes the supermarket online sites show nutrition of what they sell also, what is it you are looking for ? Xx
  • christopherphillips1983
    Options
    If I can't find it (or something real similar) online, then I'll find something else in the database that I expect to be very similar based on the brand and such. It's happened to me a couple of times.
  • knives00005
    Options
    Ah thanks guys. I was doing the same but the calorie may be off by a huge margin... :|

I usually buy bread at a local store, but it's home made, and has no standard size... Another dilemma is culture-specific food. lol
  • ronbo62098
    ronbo62098 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    For homemade bread, the best thing is to weigh what you eat. A basic bread recipe has a set amount of ingredients, all of which go into the "loaf". When you weigh it you know exactly how much of the total ingredients you've eaten. In addition to the basic flour, you can politely ask the local shop what other "goodies" they add in their recipe to be even more accurate.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I search the internet for the item and if I can't find it then I will either log an item that I feel closely matches or add in the estimated calories. :smile: