bodymedia fit in the UK

Options
Hi,

I am in the UK and over here, we only have the ki fit.

I have noticed that in the US, a new version of the bodymedia fit has been launched: the core armband, which is much slimmer than the previous bodymedia fit device, advantage.

If I ask my cousin in the U.S to purchase this for me and send it over, can I subscribe to the activity manager from the UK?

I am afraid if I buy the UK version, ki fit, that they'll bring out the slimmer very soon after and I would have wasted my money.

Thanks

Replies

• ltl_leah
    ltl_leah Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia Fit Core and subscribe to the activity manager on the BodyMedia site. I don't think you can subscribe to the activity manager from the UK. The reason I think this is because I did look at the website and when you select activity manager, it asks you to select which country you are from: USA, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand.

Also, if you wanted to contact BodyMedia, it only gives phone numbers for the 4 countries listed above.

Sorry :(
  • Willpowerofsteel
    Options
    Leah - do you like having the BodyMedia device? Do you use it every day? I have been very interested in getting one but am not sure whether it is worth the cost.
  • ltl_leah
    ltl_leah Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Leah - do you like having the BodyMedia device? Do you use it every day? I have been very interested in getting one but am not sure whether it is worth the cost.

I've had my BMF Core for over a month and I really like it. I use it everyday, taking it off only when I'm in the shower and to sync it. I found mine on Amazon.com. Also, I heard that Cosco sells them too. I like how it tracks calories burned, activity levels, steps, and sleep. I like it because it's similar to a BodyBugg, but cheaper. It definately makes you more aware of your activity. Like, if I'm close to hitting my goal for calories burned, I'll do a little bit more exercise. It's a motivator for me.
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Willpower.....I got mine about a week or so ago. I love it, it's really helped paint a better picture of what is happening with my body. I burn a lot more calories than I think I do, or more than the charts tell me I am probably burning. So the calorie number MFP has me aiming for is way too low.......which explains why I get tired, crabby, am starving when I eat what those amount of calories. I need more food! So I"m excited to try that (just got back from vacation and have DEFINITELY eaten enough calories! :)

I love my BFM......but I"m a numbers/gadget girl. :)

Julie
  • allybeee
    allybeee Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Im also interested to see whether this would work in the uk. Surely you could just put your country as usa? I think the main issue might be the food entry. Brand names and measurements will all be different.

Ki Fit is a lot more expensive and the older model, i want the one that works with an iphone, rather than paying extra for the display unit.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Oh, this is me too: I'm in the UK but want a BMF. Any more information anybody?
  • vikki55555
    vikki55555 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too: I'm in the UK but want a BMF. Any more information welcome particularly re. Ki compatibility with MFP
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    when I looked up reviews for my bodymedia fit I looked on Amazon and someone from another country (I can't remember which) was complaining that it absolutely would not allow them to register an account without a u.s. address. maybe if you used a friend/family member in the Us address it would work but I'm not sure.

Sorries :(
  • FountainofKnowledge
    Options
    The Ki Fit will be compatible with MFP just as BMF is. They have a pretty good deal on at the moment too, which I keep seeing when I log into my account
  • GeordieGirlUS
    Options
    I'm in the UK now as well, and really want one also, does anyone know where it can be purchased?
  • jrmch_uk
    jrmch_uk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Kiperformance are the distributors for the uk:
    http://www.kiperformance.co.uk
  • jrmch_uk
    jrmch_uk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I bought one from the US and had it shipped over (£80inc) - the UK one is not bluetooth, which means you have to plug into your computer to see how you are doing which would not motivate me, I need regular feedback - for instance on Monday I walked to the shop to get a sandwich to bump up my kcals (I have never done this and wouldnt even have considered it before!).

I have it linked in with myfitnesspal and it works brilliantly, it motivates me to be more active (gym, walking cycling) - because I can see the difference, I am aiming for 1500kcal - 2000kcal deficeit each day which will mean 3lb - 4lb per week.

I can honeslty say it is the best thing (health related) I have bought and its making a big difference, I lost 2lb this week and that was with some trial and errors, i.e getting my kcals right etc..

When you buy it you get 3months free activity manager membership (which you need for it to work) - after that they charge about 6$/Month BUT...... their website will not let you put a UK card details in, so I had to say my "zip code" was 90210 and I was in Beverly Hills, this means that when the 3 months is up I cannot pay for the subscription, however I have been in touch with Ki Performance in the UK and you can subscribe through them, cant remember how much, not too bad though

If anyone wants any advice let me know.
  • sammycat1
    sammycat1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info jrmch my son lives in the US and has a card there so I may go for it. Interesting they shipped it to the UK knowing you couldn't access in the future. Do they offer a paypal option? That way they don't know what country the card is registered in.