Lunch ideas

Options
Hey, I am looking for suggestions for lunches that don't involve bread or salad. Salad makes my mouth and tongue swell so I can't really eat it without suffering and I wan't to cut down on the bread. Any ideas? Thanks :) x

Replies

• IamLee1987
    IamLee1987 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    How about brown rice, or couscous? or even Ryvita Cracker bread? I think these are good substitutes for bread and help keep you feeling full.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Lentils are a fabulous lunch food.
  • LeanneHarrington3
    LeanneHarrington3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm thank you! I may make a lentil soup :)

I'm not sure about cous cous for lunch, I might give it a go though, get a bit of variety going. Getting bored of the same food all the time lol x
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Merchant Gourmet do pre-cooked packs of lentils you can eat cold or warm up in the microwave.

I like to just pair them with a bit of beef and some wholegrain mustard vinaigrette. Bit of thinly sliced radish, few cubes of beetroot, sliced white or red cabbage, thinly sliced red onion, and some grated carrot.
  • jude2503
    jude2503 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have baked potatoes at work with a variety of fillings. Keeps you full until home time.
  • joleeniebug
    Options
    Cottage cheese with pineapple. I just saw a recipe on Skinnytaste.com that was for orzo & spinach patties that look like a hamburger. Fat free cheese on toast with ketchup is good. Leftovers from the night before are my "go to" as well.
  • wyllden
    wyllden Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    stuffed mushrooms - with cheese and bacon / or whatever else you like -homemade salsa
    stuffed peppers - with minced beef and peppers/or cheese/bacon

vegetable base pizza - halved courgettes or sliced aubergines as a base then topped with a bit of pasta sauce and cheese-maybe a few bits of pepper/ ham/pepperoni

omellete - i'm starting to get a bit bored of eggs now tho so just introduced the other stuff after looking for ideas myself online.

I know theres quite a bit of cheese in these but i am doing a low carb diet so that is why and usually it allows me more calories on fat and protein, not sure whether you are too or just looking to cut out bread only from your diet.
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I live off soup for my lunch normally- if it's not soup it's salad, or leftovers.

Honestly, for lunch- just have anything you'd have for tea- just a smaller portion. I tend to make enough for three for tea, and then it's enough for that night plus lunch for me and the other half the next day. That way you can have as much variety as you like.
  • LeanneHarrington3
    LeanneHarrington3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Lot's of yummy sounding ideas there. Will keep me going for a while :) x
  • Amy01Liz
    Amy01Liz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Make a delish stir fry with veggies and brown rice! I made some last night and if you watch your oil/butter you can make it under 300cals a serving! The possibilities are endless... just chop and pile in the veggies and add ground turkey for a great protein source! :)

GOOD LUCK!

Also - Boca patties are not that bad!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Either this is the second post on lunch ideas today or I posted my reply on the wrong thread! Ooops!

If I'm not eating leftovers (leftover minestrone soup today!), I have protein and vegetables, generally with some mayonnaise. Tuna, chicken, mackerel or prawns for the protein and a pile of broccoli, green beans or carrots on the side.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    For lunch I usually do some kind of stir fry with white rice. Quick, easy, I can make a lot for the week.... yeah... Stir Frys are a staple for me.