Anyone know of a good detox/cleanse?

Options
I want to take a break from my normal workout routine to detox/cleanse my system. I have hit a 3 month weight loss plateau, and think this would really help to break that barrier. Does anyone know of any good ones?

Replies

• watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Don't do it!!! All they do is dehydrate you, and lighten your wallet! Your liver is always on duty, detoxing as we speak. Save your money!
  • Gershwyn
    Options
    What watkinsc said. Detoxing is what you do every day, by drinking, sweating and peeing.
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    There is a good one by Alexander Jung called The Cleanse. Its not a pill. Its using whole foods and you cook it yourself. It last 7 days. You mainly drink protien and green shakes and eat soups. Then once a day you eat a meal of lean meat and veggies. It works great. Good luck.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    maybe you could try going raw for a few days. just eating raw fruits and veggies, as well as raw nuts. that way you will still be getting nutrition and calories, but it is still probably enough of a significant change in your diet.
  • debkin
    debkin Posts: 14
    Options
    The Wild Rose 12 Day Herbal Cleanse is great!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    The Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse. It worked great for me.
  • hizatul
    Options
    I have been using Detoxlim Herb Tea, 100% organic and no sugar added. It does great wonder and makes my waistline smaller and my stomach flatter! :love: :love:
  • MeganJo
    Options
    The Quantum Wellness Cleanse or The Real Simple Diet. You can find both books on amazon, only type of cleanses I'd recommend.
  • Jens11
    Options
    the idea of detoxing your body with detox teas and herbs is only a marketing idea!

Your liver is 'detoxing' your body all the time, and do you think a herbal tea is increasing your liver efficiency?
    ..It really does not.

just eat healthy, loads of fruit and vegetables and water etc....But the fact that you are in this forum shows that you are interested anyway in a healthy diet, and probably eat healthy anyway :-)
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    The Fast Track Detox Diet is an excellent one to try. There's only one day of a juice fast. You don't feel deprived on this diet if you do it right. You're basically just eating liver loving foods the whole time. The last time I did it I ate 5 small meals a day rather than just 3 meals and that made it very easy for me.