I've got to get real!!!!

Options
And I mean like today ..........its a damn shame the amount of times I have to give myself a kick up the preverbial. I am such a sabatoger to myself & you know the reasons escape me. Ok for a few weeks my weight has crept up no longer 16lbs down only 10lbs down ............& I feel every single one of those extra 6lbs!!! But I refused to change my weight on MFP yeah thinking it would go down - well honey it didn't - get over it (changes made to weight on MFP)
I just don't understand myself sometimes - I love this site, love the calories counting & exercise & all the posts - why the hell can't I stick to it.. I give up tracking food/excersie. Some days I only log onto check the posts that have been written - I even have it on my iPod so its never far away but someone somewhere tell me why I think that I don't need to use the tools I've been graced with ...........why I think that yeah I will lose weight but without trying is really beyond comprehension!!!!
What's the point in jogging 4 miles last night to ruin it today - I need a brain/attitude transplant !!!!!!!!!!! I'm jogging my first 5km next week and yeah its an achievement yeah me!!! but come on girl get the rest of your *kitten* together or you will be jogging your 249lb *kitten* forever & will get nowhere!!!!!!

As for today I'm hoping that you will also give me a kick in the rear :)

Replies

• htdavidson
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, well, sort off. I'm still tracking but I'm in a huge RUT! I gained 4 lbs last week and everyone said, it was because it was my birthday so it was ok. Well, that's a bunch of crap. I don't know how to get back in the saddle. Maybe we can motivate each other to get our booties back in gear.
  • Wants2bethin
    Options
    Jam,

Im right there w/you,
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, well, sort off. I'm still tracking but I'm in a huge RUT! I gained 4 lbs last week and everyone said, it was because it was my birthday so it was ok. Well, that's a bunch of crap. I don't know how to get back in the saddle. Maybe we can motivate each other to get our booties back in gear.

I'm not sure how to start maybe choosing to do something right for the week instead of focusing on all the bad things I get up to!!!:tongue:
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to start maybe choosing to do something right for the week instead of focusing on all the bad things I get up to!!!:tongue:
    [/quote]

I think that is exactly where you need to start. Pick one thing to focus on this week...log all of your food for 5 days straight, or drink all of your water, etc. Heck, focus on just one day at a time! Today is the day I will...

The past is the past. You can't change it. Don;t dwell on it. Just dust yourself off and start fresh today. You can do it!
  • sburt1
    sburt1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I totally understand!! I am in a HUGE workout rut :( maybe everyday you could set one mini goal a day!! Congrats on the first 5k I did my first one last march and another one in Oct. We just have to remember we can do this!!!
  • tristalin
    tristalin Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I was in a rut too, then I ran into an old family friend who asked me if I was pregnant again. (which I'm NOT!) That lit a fire under my a**!
  • ZumbaMami
    Options
    OMG you sound just like me! I would lose 2-3 lbs durning the week just to turn around and pack it back on that weekend. I was stupid and could probablly be a size 10 by now....BUT NO! I kept sabatoging myselft too. Oh this won't hurt to eat cause I worked out so hard...WHATEVER.

MFP has helped me tremendously with accountability. That is what it comes down too. I hope you wake up and see what kind of great and useful tools you have here...And YOUR not ALONE! There are lots of us in your boat sis!

Have a great HOLIDAY!
    Jennifer
  • lfondots
    lfondots Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes it is the culture or friends we have. 'Nah, it is your birthday so indulge!!', 'It's the holidays, you don't have to be good!!'

Ok, so yes we do and I think trying to get your head around it is a lifestyle change and it is for the better is very tough. Like someone said, a little bit at a time and one day at a time. The past is past. Today is a new day! We all have setbacks. I think my biggest things was understanding the reason behind why I went backwards too. I'm an emotional eater. This holiday season is tough for me because my mother passed away at the beginning of the year and my father died three years before her. The holiday without them is getting tough but I know I can stay on track and this is for ME. I DESERVE to be healthy and I just have to fight to stay on track and get that way.

We all understand and you can do it!! You ARE doing amazing things you never thought you would do so don't beat yourself up. Keep telling yourself I will do 'xxx' today and not get off track.
  • lifechanger74
    Options
    i can relate with you...i am new to this site but not new to the game...i do the same thing, i am watching for it ...the point where i get to relaxed! i am always in the play but never the star! i want the spotlight so i am gonna have to work for it. my husband tells me that i have to keep truth in front of me and tell myself you do quit, you love the food,etc etc and he tells me to watch myself be honest with myself....lets face...the only way we are gonna get thru this is by sticking close to wat works...we can do it!
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i am always in the play but never the star! i want the spotlight !

I wanna be the STAR too :happy: