stuck as what to do next

Debx12345
Debx12345 Posts: 210
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
well feel so sad and demotivated today, since i joined this site i have put on 2.3/4 pounds, and my aim was to lose it !! (as you can guess weighed myself today)

on 1200 cals, started on 130 lbs, only 5' 2", lost quite abit of weight last year through ill health, so just wanted to lose that last 7-10lbs, but its so hard, think my body is feeling abit messed up, cos i have been only eating 1200 some times, then when i don't see results have been eating my exercise cals as well, then seeing no results so switched to zig zag, but saw no results there either.

so now at that point of total confusion and don't know what to do for the best, any ideas to get the ball rolling again ??

I do exercise everyday 40 mins by the way.

Replies

• juleslyp
    juleslyp Posts: 3 Member
    hi there...

Whats your current weight and type of exercise you have been doing everyday. Is is possible that your body is not getting enough calories and has gone into storage mode?

Or maybe you have put on some muscle. How about doing body measurements to see if you have lost weight and put on muscle. And focus on losing inches rather then pounds.

Hope this helps.
    :)
  • Not sure how long you have been on but,you have to give your body a little time to adjust especially if you recently lost a lot of weight through an illness and not through diet and excersise. Don't give up!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    you could try eating your 1200 plus your exercise calories. I would suggest changing your weekly lose goal to 0.5 lbs since you are so close to your goal. This will give you more calories to provide energy for your workouts, I would also eat most of my exercise calories. Good luck

As far as working out try changing up your routine, for cardio try doing HIIT, and change up the exercises you do for strength training. It is recommended that you change up your routine every 4-6 weeks to shock your system.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    http://www.31dayfatlosscure.com/how-to-lose-10-lbs/

I think you should realise that the last 10lbs is a struggle to lose. There are a few topics about it in the forum or google it. It's not going to fall off in a few weeks hun. But try being super disciplined like the blog above and maybe it will start to drop.

Putting on a couple of pounds could be anything!! - muscle tone, water weight, sodium retention...... I wouldnt worry too much about that, your weight always fluctuates on the evil scales! :laugh:

As the previous poster says, its probably better to focus on muslce tone and inch loss rather than the scales. Scales are the most innacurate way of measuring progress.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • MichelleFirestone
    MichelleFirestone Posts: 212 Member
    130lbs sounds great to me. why not trying to just tone what you have. Your body might be satisfied at that weight. work on the inches vs the weight! Way to go.
  • Hi guys thanks, been trying to lose those last few pounds for over a year, and then go and gain 2 !! Do you think sometimes your body just says no more and this is what you are staying at ? Always scared of eating more in case the pounds pile on and then can't move any of them. Struggled with my weight all my life and feel like I'm nearly there.

Think my scales are worst enemy, cos sometimes feel ok, then get on those dreaded scales.

Thanks again
  • kennedar
    kennedar Posts: 306 Member
    My body def has zones that it is happiest at. I reach certain weights and suddenly it is impossible to gain or lose anymore for a few weeks. You could be in one of these zones?
This discussion has been closed.