Fitbit Questions

Options
Hi, I just recently got a fitbit and I love it! However I'm a little bit confused... I have a desk job but I sit on a balance ball instead of a chair. Every time I bounce on it my Fitbit counts it as a step... Should I not wear it while I'm working? Or should I allow that to be counted towards my 10000 steps?

Replies

• princesswarrior1116
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about what the movement comes from, you are moving and it counts. If you were sitting in a chair, your butt wouldn't be moving :) In the end, it probably won't amount to all that much anyway so don't sweat it!
  • chaniebee
    chaniebee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ok thanks a bunch! (((:
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    I've always wanted to sit on a ball at work but wasn't sure if people would ask "WTF" lol.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I would count it towards your overall movement for the day for 2 reasons...1) you're moving 2) my friend has a fitbit flex and decided to test it one day. She walked 50 steps, the fitbit read 38...
  • chaniebee
    chaniebee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    awesome thanks guys (:
  • JayDavila
    JayDavila Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I would count it, I use a fitbit force and sit a good amount of the day as well., Even though your sitting your still burning calories with the movement you're doing. It will never be 100% accurate but it will be close enough.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count it. You're going to have an inflated calorie burn. Walking burns more calories than little desk bounces. It thinks you're walking or even possibly running.
  • caramm1
    caramm1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    depending on what fitbit you have you need to calibrate it under your settings eg measure your walking stride. I only found out as it was counting every bump in the car :( Now it's fantastic - also give it a week to settle down and calibrate to your routine & movements & now its very accurate!!!