Motivation, Inspiration, Accountability

Options
Hello. I’m 46 years old and I am ashamed to admit it, but I’m at the end of myself. I have been fighting my weight my entire life. I have spent to majority of my adult life battling insulin resistance due to PCOS and thyroid issues that have made losing weight an uphill battle. Just when I started to make some progress losing weight (25lbs.) menopause hits. I have gained back 15 pounds. Along with feeling defeated, I am also unhappy with myself right now. The weight gain, clothes not fitting, lack of energy, foggy thinking, dry skin, and of course those wonderful hot flashes have culminated into this funk I’m in.
Now that I’m done complaining it’s time to move on. I’m not here just to lose weight, I want to be healthy. I’m trying not to focus on just the scale, but also about what is going on inside my body.Looking for motivation, inspiration, accountability!

Replies

• Kezza220
    Kezza220 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle, I hear you! I turned 40 at Christmas and feel like I have been yo-yo dieting for 25 of those years. I lost 40lbs last spring and then gained back 20 of it :o( this time the weight loss seems much slower and it is hard to stay motivated when the scale can be so cruel! I am trying to change my lifestyle rather than 'diet' and I am trying to look at this as a permanent change, but some days are harder than others. Logging everyday (even the bad days) helps me be accountable and there is no shortage of inspirational stories here on MFP. Every day is an opportunity it is up to us what we do with it! Add me as friend if you'd like!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle,
    Welcome!!!!!!

We're glad you found us and are on your way to your journey.

I'm 48 and just starting to get "warm" sometimes. lol (vs hot flashes)
    I would love to help Motivate, Inspire and hold you accountable!
  • karryann2008
    Options
    Hi I belong to a group on MFP that I think you might enjoy and be of help.
    come join us...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/new/56126-motivation-support-and-accountability
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle,

I know how you feel all too well. I am still only 38 but my struggle with my Thyroid issues has left me feeling completely defeated. All of the weight I have gained just seems like it won't go anywhere and it is an uphill battle that just drains me. It is great that you found MFP, it is a great place to talk about your feelings and to find amazing support! I would love to help motivate you and keep you accountable, if you could it the same for me! Try and remember that you can do this, it won't be easy, but you can do it!