In a slump...

Options
So I've been doing great so far, however for some reason I feel like I'm off track. I've been working out six days a week still @ 3 days cardio, 3 days strength training. I'm eating well and staying within my calories but for some reason I feel like I'm in a slump. I tried changing my workouts but I still feel that "blah" feeling. I wonder if this is because I've been on this journey for seven months? How can I get out of this slump? Does anybody have this problem? Is it time to take a break from working out? Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• malvakai
    Options
    Do you ever treat yourself? It sounds like you've earned something nice for yourself for all that hard work and dedication!
  • ntp0826
    ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have a "cheat day" every week, and even bought myself some new clothes as a treat, still have that blah feeling! :indifferent:
  • DanellaK
    Options
    I am creating an empty post....sorry.
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't give up!! It is natural to have ups and downs, but just continue as you are and it will pass. Brushing my teeth and washing my hair isn't much fun either, but I like the result when I take time to do those tasks. Eating right and working out just needs to be another of those habits you create for yourself and continue for a lifetime. It sounds boring, but focus on the result of your hard work, not work itself.
  • FIREfitGrl27
    Options
    I completely agree with the post above, Na. I love the way they describe it to washing your hair and brushing your teeth..it has to come like second nature. It's a habit. If we didn't do those things we would end up getting bad results because of our lack of going through the routine of brushing out teeth or washing our hair and I'll take it here, washing our bodies....it would end up messy and smelly.
    Our bodies need to excerise ...we need to eat food that is good for us...because if we don't...we'll end up feeling worse and looking worse. It's coming like second nature for you. Just stick with your routine and habit and you'll start to do it enough to not realise that you're doing almost everyday of the week.
    I also suggest that you switch up the game plan for a few weeks or a couple of months....do something different to get your cardio in....something that is going to kick it up and make it "fun" for a change.....I suggest aerobics class, zumba, cycle classes, kickboxing, body dancing (latin, dance trance, etc..). Whatever you can find to do that to make cardio come at a rate that makes it's fly by fast everytime you do it. I say this because I get a bit fed up with the routine of P90X sometimes, but Iadd music and dance in between to jazz it up. Or I do a different cardio workout for the day instead of the program sometimes.
    Also, do this for strength training ...if you can do a body pump type of class. Think about going into nature to do strength training...move the weights outside....do push-ups outside in between bursts of jogs....try using different items as weights and resistance.
    I hope some of these suggests help, Na! Hang in there, girl. You've been such an inspiration for many and that's me included! I understand feeling like you're in 'a slump' that's how I've been feeling lately. I'vebeen feeling restricted because I think I need to go to the gym and use a machine or do more aerobics because I haven't been to a class in ages...I believe my body is bored and is stalling at getting pass it's current state, and I"m hoping to bring some variety into my excerise to kick start my body again. However, I refuse to not excerise at least 3 or 4 days out of the week because I know how I felt when I didn't exercise for long periods of time and it didn't feel right or good. God be with you! Love ya, girl! Stay strong!
  • tonya24
    Options
    Keep it up....Its gets better....I agree find something else to train with during the week...I love the Shaun T hip hop abs it is awesome u don't even realize that you are woking out...Whatever you do don't give up you have come to close to your goal!:flowerforyou: