Daily Target different on different pages?

Options
Why is my daily goal different on my food log than to my actual goal? :smile:

Replies

• skorenfeld123
    skorenfeld123 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Can you try to rephrase the question? I'm not sure it makes sense as-is.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Did you log any exercise?
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but is there some sort of exercise adjustment going on? I have my daily standard goal for instance but if i log exercise (including my FitBit adjustment) my goal goes up/down depending on that.
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    I have this same problem. My macros have been changing almost everyday. Sometimes they don't add up to 100%. A couple days ago I had a combination of 65%. :S
  • johannaroyle
    Options
    Thanks everyone,

I mean that when i go to my HOME page and there is the bar - its says there that my calorie Daily summary goal is 1200 but on my Food diary for today at the bottom it says my calorie goal is 1360? Yes i have added exercise in since i started the food diary for today, but the calorie goal has not changed on the Food page, - why are they different goal Figures, 1200 and 1360? Does this make more sense? Thanks! X
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    MFP will add calories burned to your daily goal.
    Careful, 1200 is pretty low.
    Also calories burned-> if you are getting it from MFP it typically overestimates.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    You only have 9 lbs to lose? 1200 calories is very low, did you put in 2 lb weight loss per week? You should shoot for 1/2 lb.
    Thanks everyone,

I mean that when i go to my HOME page and there is the bar - its says there that my calorie Daily summary goal is 1200 but on my Food diary for today at the bottom it says my calorie goal is 1360? Yes i have added exercise in since i started the food diary for today, but the calorie goal has not changed on the Food page, - why are they different goal Figures, 1200 and 1360? Does this make more sense? Thanks! X
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Thanks everyone,

Your calorie goal is 1200. Your calories remaining is your calorie goal 1200 PLUS 160 more for exercise.

It should read:

Goal 1200 food 0 - exercise 160 = -160 net
    1360 calories remaining.

Why? Because MFP does not include exercise when it gives you your needed calories, when you do exercise, you need to eat more for fuel. It gives you a deficit to lose weight without exercise.

1200 calorie goal
    -160 calories you burned
    +160 more calories you eat
    =1200 Net calories
  • johannaroyle
    Options
    Hi yes i put 2 pound per week for loss, so it should just be 1-2 pound per week? x
  • melissabaillie2012
    Options
    it changes as you log excersise. mine said 1430 to eat....but then when I added in excersise at the bottom of the page it changed to a higher goal because It wants you to eat more....

for example I tried to lose weight fast andn tried eating 1200-1300 cals a day and didn't log exercise and though I for sure would lose...I stayed the same for 3 weeks. then I followed what mfp actually said which was to eat 1430 a day PLUS eat excersise......I am now eating about 1700 cals a day and am starting to lose :) hope this helps.

Melissa
  • johannaroyle
    Options
    Thanks everyone still not sure but i':laugh: m sure il get it eventually, x
  • johannaroyle
    Options
    Thanks ! x
  • melissabaillie2012
    Options
    yes :) always eat back your excersise calories :) because mfp already creates a deficient for you -500 a day for 1 pound a week loss.
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Hi yes i put 2 pound per week for loss, so it should just be 1-2 pound per week? x

If your ticker is correct and you only need to lose 9 pounds, then you should set it to half a pound a week. It is just harder to lose those last 10 pounds and you have less of a cushion to reduce calories too much.

As a rule of thumb, the following weekly targets would give a balance between minimizing negative side effects and seeing a reasonable weekly weight loss:
    More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week
  • melissabaillie2012
    Options
    that good to know I have 36 to lose..and 1200 made me stay the same and I was staving...now I get 1430 to eat plus excersise and the scales are going down :)