Having a horrible week...how do I get through?

Options
This week has been so stressful...first off, I am working a different shift this week, covering a girl who is on vacation. I am having issues finding rides to work ( I don't drive) ....and to top it all off today a friend and co worker passed away....I am a mess....I am trying super hard not to go over in my calories and I believe I am succeeding but the scale is not moving at all....I haven't even lost an ounce this past week. And today I misused my first workout in over a month....I am just so lost....

Replies

• Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    You can do it ! You have come so far.
    Try some meditation or a short walk
  • mghuss
    mghuss Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I find that in order to maintain sanity (especially when you're having a week like you are) is to forget about trying to lose weight and just focus on maintaining.

It's not really "taking a week off" but it shouldn't add to your stress.

Do some deep breathing and before you go to bed the next couple nights make a list of what is positive in your life!
  • AutumnFrostfall
    AutumnFrostfall Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I find that in order to maintain sanity (especially when you're having a week like you are) is to forget about trying to lose weight and just focus on maintaining.

It's not really "taking a week off" but it shouldn't add to your stress.

Do some deep breathing and before you go to bed the next couple nights make a list of what is positive in your life!

This is what I do when overwhelmed. I just try to maintain & take the focus off of weight loss. Think of it like when they do the speech at the beginning of a plane flight. They tell you to put your oxygen mask on before helping anyone else with theirs. You have to take care of you, then you can go back to focusing on your goal.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. :(
  • clodia2
    Options
    This week has been so stressful...first off, I am working a different shift this week, covering a girl who is on vacation. I am having issues finding rides to work ( I don't drive) ....and to top it all off today a friend and co worker passed away....I am a mess....I am trying super hard not to go over in my calories and I believe I am succeeding but the scale is not moving at all....I haven't even lost an ounce this past week. And today I misused my first workout in over a month....I am just so lost....

I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. Jut remember, a week is just a week. Your weight can fluctuate, I gain weight at the end of the week. Anything can affect it, lack of sleep, stress... Just do your best, get through this through positive thoughts and exercise, and regroup. This is a long term goal for all of us, a bad week is a drop in the bucket in the overall picture. :) We're here for you.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Such great posts! On top of what everyone else said keep reminding g yourself you won't feel better turning to food when stressed. This feeling will go away!
    You can get pass this!
  • jlar09
    jlar09 Posts: 99
    Options
    Yeah, I'll add my vote to switch to maintenance! Whenever I feel like I'm so over this whole thing, I switch my cals to maintain and I find that I feel significantly less frustrated and I have wiggle room to eat basically whatever I want and still be under my calorie limit. This also helps me when I am feeling frustrated by stalled weight loss and I re-realize that that one mess up *didn't* cause me to gain any weight. Once the frustration ends (about 3 days), I switch back to lose 2lbs/wk and I'm good again.
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You only have to work this shift for a few more days, so that won't last forever.
    I am really sorry about your friend. It's tough to deal with stress w/o emotional eating.

Any little bit of exercise you can get right now will help you feel better emotionally and physically. Take a few flights of stairs at work, or a brief walk around your block. Just don't get too into your head about the stress.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your friend.

You can get through this.. The shift is just a temporary situation. And allow yourself a little latitude to be human too. You'll need time to grieve and get past the shift change, then you can "re-group".

I usually just try to make wiser choices than not wise - having baked chicken vs. fried sort of things.

Good luck!