new to this!!!!!!!!

Options
HI my name is Lesa i am 36 and weigh 213lbs. I have tried to lose weight for a long time. I actually have a membership to curves that i have had for over a year and have been once. It is so embarassing that i have thrown all that time and money away. I go to school and work full time, i also have 3 children. I feel like i do not have any time for myself to go to the gym. I need help and support to get me motovated. I would like to lose 53 lbs by my grtaduation date in march. If anyone has any words of wisdom that will help me, that would be great. Thanks again. Lesa

Replies

• megsc25
    Options
    Good luck, This site is a great place filled with tons of people full of awesome motivation - You can do it!!!!!
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Hi Lesa and welcome to the best weight loss support site in the net (in my opinion).
    This is your first step to a lifestyle change. You will get a lot of support and advice and information here. You have what it takes to do this for yourself and for your children.
    YOU ARE WORTH IT!

I'm Maggie, 37 and last year weighed in at 228 lbs give or take. I have one child who is now 4 1/2 so it was time to stop making excuses about "baby weight" LOL.

I'm not nearly as busy as you. I'm a stay at home mom. I was just lazy!! Last year I decided to make a lifestyle change and I'm sticking with it. I'm here for support anytime you need it :)
  • lesajgreen
    Options
    Thank you sooooo much.
    2964917.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • zumba66girl
    Options
    Hi Lesa good luck....we are here for you. I am 44 and weighed just over 200 lbs in September. I now am at 173.6. Thanks to all the support from this site and the many friends that have been helpful. I joined a Zumba class in September and it motivated me tremendously....I now walk 3 miles with my husband every night and set small goals for myself....Just take baby steps at first and it will start becoming more easy...As I said good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • lesajgreen
    Options
    thank you maggie. I do believe i will need all the support i can get
  • lesajgreen
    Options
    thank you zumbagirl .
  • jcruzin
    Options
    You can do it lesa! I'm fairly new to the site as well and I must say logging in my calorie intake and exercise really helps me be accountable for my weight loss goals! Add me if you like and we can motivate each other in our endeavor in becoming healthier!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jenny
  • oracle730
    Options
    Girl, you and I are in the same boat! I am a full time student. I also have a full time job (in a special needs pre-k), and I have two children. It is very overwhelming and the stress is incredible. All the more reason for us to take care of ourselves. I started feeling terrible after I turned 40 last March. As it turned out I had an ulcer...go figure, I can't imagine why. Now, my ulcer has healed and I have made the committment to taking better care of myself so that I can take better care of everyone else. I have been on MFP for about 10 days and I have lost 6 pounds so far. The good thing about this site is that it makes you look at what you are eating (honestly). It gives you limits and information about the food you eat.

The site keeps me focused because I think about everything that I eat and I plan for special treats. I have even planned my Thanksgiving meal so that I get to eat my favorites without going over my calories. I planned to have Thanksgiving for lunch so that I can have a very small breakfast like a bowl of grits (100 calories) and then I can have a sensible lunch for the Thanksgiving meal. If I do really well, I will get in a walk in the morning (30 minutes) and one in the evening so I can have a little extra.

Don't worry because YOU CAN DO IT! Just remember to keep your eye on your goals. When you graduate in March, you can be proud of two accomplishments!