Hello

Options
My name is Debbie but most call me Debber. I'm new here, as well as my first time going on a diet/exercise. I am open to any suggestions for beginners. Thanks and the best of luck to everyone on making you all's goals.

Replies

• jkwpdx
    jkwpdx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Debbie, welcome to MFP. I started using the program faithfully last spring, and I have to say, after a bit of mind alteration and acceptance of what I was really doing to my body food wise and lack of exercise, I made a complete lifestyle shift...and I wasn't even fully aware that I had done.

The best thing about MFP is the truth is never a lie...log daily (it will become a habit after a short while) even when you do not stay within your calories, just keep logging. Drink your water (so important), and remember to reward yourself along the way.

Friend me if you want support, I love meeting new people through this program, and love cheering and being cheered on by my pals.

Good luck , stay true...and watch what happens!

Kimberly
  • FitForFunKanata
    FitForFunKanata Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to find motivation and support. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Go to the getting started portion of this forum. At top of that forum you'll see some "stickys" which is threads that are so informative that they've been permanently adhered to top of the forum. Read those and become familiar with the terminology. Don't fall prey to all the myths.

Good luck.
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Mfp, hope that you find success here ... I find it has really helped me and there's such a variation of people always happy to help, I log daily so feel free to add :)