Going over my Sugar.....daily!

Options
Can anyone help me? Usually by breakfast I have gone over my sugar. I do not use sweetener as it gives me migraines and I eat a lot of fruit-simply because I prefer that to veg a its simple.

Am I really stuffing up my weight loss eating fruit?!?

I also go over my protein most days.

Anyhow, anything useful would be good to hear

Holly

Replies

• lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i stopped tracking sugar for this reason, if you was going over because you are eating chocolate etc then yeah you could be stuffing up your weight loss (note i said could be), also going over on protein i don't see as a problem, just try and stay under your carbs, and watch your sodium, and eat all your calories
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Name me one person who became obese from eating too much fruit?
  • Equi_nuts
    Equi_nuts Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Exactly what I thought :) Thank you. I will love my next bunch of grapes!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    This is why I stopped tracking sugar. Fruit.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options

It's possible. I mean, you have to eat a few kilos of fruit if you're not eating anything else, but it's not like fruit magically doesn't carry calories.
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is a personal trainer and he doesn't eat fruit because it's too much sugar. It DOES matter. He instead takes vitamins to get the nutrition he's missing. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as you continue to lose weight, but it does make a difference to some people.
  • f1redshoes
    Options
    My boyfriend is a personal trainer and he doesn't eat fruit because it's too much sugar. It DOES matter. He instead takes vitamins to get the nutrition he's missing. I wouldn't worry too much about it as long as you continue to lose weight, but it does make a difference to some people.
    Doesn't that strike you as, oh, I don't know... wrong? That he's giving up REAL FOOD and having to take a vitamin in its place?
  • pagmichigan
    pagmichigan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    so if I may ask what are you having for breakfast
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Unless you have some sort of condition that makes sugar important, just stop tracking it. I used to hate seeing my sugar in the red every day because I had some apples and grapes so I just took it off my list.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    here is how I stopped going over my sugar limit on MFP - instantly!

Navigate to My Home
    Click on Settings
    Click on Diary Settings
    Remove Sugar from Nutrients Tracked

Voila!
  • angel7472
    angel7472 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I seen this comment almost daily. MFP database doesn't take into account the source of the sugar. They just track "sugar". The problem with this is that it tracks it from all sources and doesn't take into effect "good sugar". The only sugar you should be overly worried about is the refined sugar. Or you could just remove it all together like someone else suggested.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Sugar isn't going to hurt your weight loss.

here is how I stopped going over my sugar limit on MFP - instantly!

Navigate to My Home
    Click on Settings
    Click on Diary Settings
    Remove Sugar from Nutrients Tracked

Voila!

^ This is the best fix. :happy:
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Sugar from whole fruits doesn't have quite the same effect on your blood sugar as added sugar from processed foods and fruit juices. The fiber you get from eating whole fruits helps your feel fuller and keeps your blood sugar from spiking too much (it's this spike and subsequent drop in blood sugar that can cause you to feel hungry soon after eating and craving more sugar), and the vitamins and antioxidants on fruit makes them a healthy choice... However, as with any food, it is possible to overdo it! The key is always about balance. I wouldn't worry too much about going over your sugar (I admittedly don't even track mine) but keep an eye on how you feel when you eat a lot of fruit. If you find you're having a hard time controlling cravings for more sweet foods, and/or don't feel satisfied or full for very long, you could try cutting back on some of the fruit and incorporating some healthy fats and fiber-rich veggies. Do what works for you and listen to your body!
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Awesome post, question answered, thank you OP.
  • Cakewalk25
    Cakewalk25 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm almost always over because I eat about 3 servings of fruit a day. As long as it's coming from fruit and not refined sugars don't worry about it.