Question about hunger

Options
I'm eating around 1200 net calories per day and feel a bit hungry (not ravenous) when I go to bed. For reference, I'm a 5'4" female and currently weigh around 180 lbs. My question is, as I get closer to my goal weight (around 115-120 lbs) will I feel "fuller" with the same amount of 1200 calories?

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I would eat more now. Then if your weight loss stalls in 3 or 4 months, you would still have some room to cut calories further. 1400 per day will still give you a very nice deficit for now. Once you're down to 150 lbs or so, then maybe think about cutting down to 1200.

That's just my opinion, though.
  • maja124moxie
    maja124moxie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Once you reach your goal weight you will need to eat at maintenance level not at deficit.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    To answer the original question: yes, you probably will feel fuller as you get closer to your goal weight, if you keep eating 1200 net calories, because 1200 will be closer to maintenance for a lower weight.

The flip side is that your weight loss will slow down, for the same reason, unless you recalibrate. Since 1200 is as low as MFP will let you go, it's more difficult to do that. But as you approach your goal, you'll want to eat closer to maintenance anyway, to ease the transition.