What can I do to help myself?

Options
2»

Replies

• dbzs
    dbzs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I drink a carbonated water when I get a craving, or green tea, no sugar, and that helps. If I really want to chew on something, celery, dill pickles, baby bell peppers, cucumbers, or carrots get me by. Also, I've just had to realize what I used to consider full was actually stuffed. If you keep yourself feeling stuffed all day long you will definitely not lose weight. I've also discovered a quick walk around the block takes my mind off wanting to eat when I'm sitting at work. Hang in there, it gets easier.
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I calculated my (net calories) I track my exercises conservatively as I don't have an HRM or FitBit. I also don't eat back to calories I burn (not all of them) maybe a 100 or a little more.

The average is 1471. I'm still 130lbs away from being in any sort of normal range. So.... I think this is okay.

I'm just going to up the protein, up the water and keep exercising as much as I can. I have 2 kids, full time job of overtime every week, and run the house by myself. I think the snow set me off. I wasn't home.. and didn't have access to my pre-planned meal.

THANK YOU ALL for your replies. It is probably normal this hunger... and i'm going to fight through it. Thanks for all the help. :)

depending on your job your calories might be to low and that's why your hunger I bad. I though my job was only lightly active until I got a body media and found out its between active and very active. I can burn more calories than the active on a busy day at work. I only have around 50 to lose and net around 2000 a day. I consume an average of 2400 or more most of the time. I found the tiing that helps me the most is eating something every 2 to 4 hours even if its just something little. feel free to add me as a friend.
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've been dealing with this sort of thing off and on for some time.

What I've found works is to drink a cup of water with a tablespoon of psyllium husk as soon as I get up, then drink a couple more glasses of water. It swells and fills me up slightly. Half an hour later I eat my favorite breakfast: homemade oatcake (a cookie-type thing baked with quick oats and water), peanut butter, and a cup of coffee.

Starting the day off NOT hungry is the best way I've found to keep me from being ravenous all day ... the protein, oats and psyllium seem to do the trick.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I was super-hungry for almost a week. It was making me miserable and I was managing it badly. My solution was to up my calories closer to maintenance -- I'm at about 200kcals under maintenance right now, versus the 565-calorie deficit I'd been using to lose -- and just go with it. I think it's important that we remember to listen to our bodies (not our every whim, though) while we're on these journeys.
  • danaberge
    danaberge Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I KEEP changing my diary to OPEN... but it keeps going back to private. Not sure why!!

I'm certainly not starving myself!!

I'm going to just plan a nice dinner. I have been eating a HUGE salad.... with chicken and that's what I will do tonight. Again, it's ANOTHER nephews birthday... and I will refuse the cake... but is it really weird that i'm going to bring my own food and not eat what everyone else is eating!!??

I'm going to try it.. and see if it goes over well. HAHA. Most of my family is over weight so I don't get a lot of support for myself. As, I would be considered fitting in well... but I WILL BE HEALTHIER 115lbs lighter.

Wish me luck.

Thank you all again!!!