Ladies on their special days!!! XD

Options
When lady flow comes i tend to eat more and exercise less thus gaining some weight..... :( what do you usually do to prevent this? oooooh the pain lol

Replies

• kimboslice001
    Options
    I always tend to gain weight around that time regardless of exercise and what I eat. Low impact exercises like yoga or pilates can help alleviate the cramps. If that doesn't help a hot compress and some midol will! Make sure when you're eating you go for the healthy snacks.
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I always gain 2-4 pounds but it's just water weight and it'll go away soon so don't worry about the extra scale weight too much.

As far as pain, I have found that if I can keep my carbs lower for the first few days then I don't cramp as much. Not sure why though.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Take some Midol and work out. I've found that working out actually makes me feel better and my cramps subside.

As for eating, I still stay within my goal. I don't restrict foods, so I never feel the need to binge or anything. Dark Chocolate and Ice cream are my best friends during this time though, lol.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Work out more.

ETA: So I can eat more chocolate.
  • SaburaMay
    Options
    I take Ibuprofin a few days ahead of its arrival. It helps reduce the level of swelling that occurs and that in turn helps (by theory) to reduce the retention and cravings. I also find that if I get up and go work out I feel better. I am also a fan of Midol severe cramps (if that is your issue!) And drink lots of water. I know sounds backwards, but it helps with retention
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I like V8's Fusion juices with the sweet potatoes in it. I find when I drink more of that, my cramps are much easier to tolerate, if they're even noticeable!

You can go to Youtube, also, and find yoga practices for relieving some of the pain. I usually take the first day off from any activity. I feel miserable that first day, no matter what. From there, don't let it get you down! Push through!
  • lulupizza
    lulupizza Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks people!!!! Will do!! :laugh:
  • patsypooter
    patsypooter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I do not weigh myself when the old red lady is in town!! no sirree! I do not need to stress about that. I can fluctuate 5lbs over my period and it always comes out okay in the end. Water retention, you squirrely SOB!