Maybe I'm just having a bad day...

Options
I never in the world thought I would ever have a weight problem. As a child I was always very thin. They always thought I was sickly thin. When I graduated from high school I wore a girls size 14. At 22 I weight 110 lbs when I got pregnant with my oldest. I got compliments after having the baby because "I finally had some meat on my bones". Next year I will be 50 and I weight 231 (ish). I go up or down a little but stay about the same. I take medicine for my chol. bp and thyroid. Now I'm told I have a heal spur,,,it hurts! Losing weight would help all of these issues, yet I get home from work the same time every day. All I want to do is EAT! It's sickening. So instead of eating I'm writing and complaining to anyone out there who is listening/reading. Will I ever learn?

Replies

• str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    If you truly want to lose the weigh...this is the first step. Just tell yourself you can do this...I found its easier to eat small meals throughout the day than to try to wait til I get home. Then I want to eat everything in sight. Anyone can do this...everyone can do this but you have to really truly want to do it!
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I too have to eat every few hours while at work or I will go home famished and devour everything in the house. Keep some healthy, low cal snacks at your desk and when you get hungry eat one to prevent you from getting so hungry that you can't think clearly enough to make good choices. Also drink more water!!!
  • tccmikey
    tccmikey Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes! Know that we all go through the same process. Please find comfort in the fact that you are not alone and that each day is a new opportunity to recommitt to better health. It took years to gain the weight. It takes the same kind of habits and time to get the weight off. Don't be discouraged.

Michael
  • wanda_idelia
    wanda_idelia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I need that :)