Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Quinoa

kshadows
kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
Everybody speaks so highly of Quinoa and I really want to try it... where in the store do I find it though??! I haven't been able to come across it and we don't have a natural food store within the area so I'm hoping I'm just looking in the wrong spot.

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Walmart here sells it, if you have a Kroger I've found it there. It's in the rice, pasta, grain area.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Walmart here sells it, if you have a Kroger I've found it there. It's in the rice, pasta, grain area.

It's different here. I usually find it in the small "organic" section. You could always ask. :) Or, order from amazon.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member

It's different here. I usually find it in the small "organic" section. You could always ask. :) Or, order from amazon.

I'm afraid to ask because I'm not quite sure how to pronounce it!! lol I'm afraid of looking like an idiot :(
  • Chellellelle
    Chellellelle Posts: 595 Member
    It's usually by the rice section at Walmart!

As for pronouncing it, it's keen-wah. :) Happy quinoa eating! It really is delicious!
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    It's pronounced "key-nwah"
  • russellvolk
    russellvolk Posts: 102 Member
    I buy mine at Costco. The brand is Seeds of Change and it's already mixed with brown rice, garlic and some herbs. It's quite tasty. The box comes with 6 pouches, each containing 2 (1 cup) servings. You just put the pouch in the microwave for 90 seconds and enjoy. No need to cook and spend a lot of time. The price comes out to less than $2 per pouch. You can actually look it up in MFP database and see the nutritional information.
  • kstreeter62
    kstreeter62 Posts: 1 Member
    Most regular stores carry anymore. I get mine from Whole Foods. Cooked some the other day and it was great. Light, fluffy, and filling.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    It's a grain, so look for it in the same aisle as the rice and cous cous.