If you could make one food lower fat/calories...

Options
We all have our guilty pleasures, and there are plenty of foods I'd eat much more often if it wouldn't ruin my food diary and get in the way of my weight loss goals. Anything fried is high up on the list (especially fried chicken and french fries), as are really decadent desserts. But I think if I could choose one day-to-day food I wish was lower in calories, it would be Nutella. My husband and I love Nutella, but we don't buy it because it is pretty much empty calories and fat and we could easily finish off a jar a week if we wanted. I just ordered a batch of PB2 and am very excited after reading the reviews for it. I did a search, and there doesn't seem to be a Nutella equivalent! I tried making my own Nutella at home once, and it wasn't the same texture or flavor and didn't satisfy the same way. Hopefully some genius out there reads this and gets to work quickly to remedy this problem!

What would you choose if you could make one food lower in fat and/or calories?

Replies

• jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't make anything lower in fat or calories. But I'd add lots more protein to all fruits and veggies!
  • Hobb3s
    Hobb3s Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    almonds, or most nuts for that matter, they're so damned tasty and so high in calories
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Cheese. Only if it wouldn't alter the taste or texture, though.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Pizza. And yes, I know I could make my own pizza that is significantly lower in calories and better for me (and I do). But if we're talking magic here, I would like someone to magically make stuffed crust, extra cheesy, extra greasy pizza to be lower in fat and calories, please. Oh, and chocolate cheesecake.
  • SMCLosesIt
    SMCLosesIt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    most definately pasta. I love pasta but rarely eat it because of the calorie count.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Dessert - cakes, pies, cookies, truffles, fudge, cinnamon rolls... (I'd make them lower cal so I could eat more of them!) :drinker:
  • czardastx
    czardastx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hot wings!
  • enlighted09
    enlighted09 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    pizza
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat.

Fat helps with satiety.
    When they remove fat from foods, like yogurt, they replace it with sugar to keep the taste.

I'd rather the fat since it'll keep me fuller longer than the sugar.

Note, I'm NOT saying anything is wrong with sugar. I ate a chocolate chip cookie today. And a homemade chocolate banana muffin. Plus I'm friends with Chelle. I very clearly have no problems with sugar.
  • dmarsh1018
    dmarsh1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    brownies.

mmmm......brownies.
  • charissh
    charissh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake. *Sighs*
  • mbeuchert24
    mbeuchert24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    If I could change one food in the spirit of what the OP is saying...it would be my fries with gobs of melted cheese and green chile!
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Freaking cheesecake of course! I want to eat a whole cheesecake so bad.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Pizza. And yes, I know I could make my own pizza that is significantly lower in calories and better for me (and I do). But if we're talking magic here, I would like someone to magically make stuffed crust, extra cheesy, extra greasy pizza to be lower in fat and calories, please. Oh, and chocolate cheesecake.

I'm with you on the pizza! As well as cake. I love cake!
  • tegalicious
    Options
    Muffins. Chocolate chip muffins. Those huge ones Costco used to have.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Good beer.
  • latepaul
    latepaul Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Pork pies and sausages rolls.
  • wifelife92
    Options
    Not necessarily lower calorie foods, but definitely make things like pizza or something else unhealthy have more protein. I absolutely hate the hungry feeling and if I don't have time to cook, I know it's too easy to reach for something simple or grab takeout.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge chunk. I have a plan. If I were to make it past goal weight to ''ideal'' weight, I'm going to have a day of eating whatever I want and however much just for that day. I might gain 5 pounds over night but if I had gotten to 136, I wouldn't care. There's a tub of Ben and Jerry's coming my way
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Bread, all bread, which includes pizza dough, sandwich bread, Naan, rolls, biscuits, etc. All the good stuff.