Greetings from Chicago

Options
Hi everyone, just joined yesterday and thought I'd say hello. I "used" to be in shape pre-baby, but now that the wee one is a few months old it's time to get back to it. And when I say in shape I am by no means talking 3% body fat or anything - I was comfortable with my body and my fitness was pretty solid. My biggest goal right now is to get back into my old work clothes!! And of course, possibly go a bit further in my fitness than ever before. I live in the burbs of Chicago, and my favorite way to exercise is to run. Seriously. from 2008-2012 (2013 I took off due to growing a person) I ran 6 half marathons, and I'm signed up for my first one this April. Something about it just clears your head :D

So yep. Hi!!

PS- it just started snowing here.

Replies

• lyssfiggs
    lyssfiggs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey there!!

I didn't just join, but I did come back on this website today from not being on here for a couple years :) I am also in the burbs of chicago! Feel free to add me :) I want to do my first half marathon but I need to start that whole training thing first :) Nice to meet you!
  • TravelinChiGal
    TravelinChiGal Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! Chicago area, here, too!!

Will send you a FR :)

(and thanks for the PS - I haven't even looked out the office window yet... great....)

1529060.png
  • allergygirl
    Options
    Hi,

Also from Chicago here! I joined in 2011 but never really got into it! My kids are 4 & 6, trying to get back to my pre-baby self and then back to my pre-wedding self ....

Best,
    Kristen
  • Kcoleman9110
    Kcoleman9110 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from Chicago as well I just joined about a month ago, I'm 21 married with two kids 3 and 1 yr olds. Praying that I loose this weight and belly fat and learning to eat a little healthier .
  • twinmom823
    twinmom823 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Also from the NW burbs :) mom of 17 month old twins looking forward to getting this mommy body hot again!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    rom Chicago here too! feel free to add me!
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Not new...been here a long time. Living in Chi area too!! But born n raised in Ohio.
    Married to a Active Duty Marine, working full-time, mother of a 5 yr old.

Add me if you like!