What kind of dog do you have?

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    I only have a cat right now. But I really want a German Shepherd. I had one when I was younger. He was the best dog we had ever had. I haven't been able to find a pure breed yet, but just found out a friend of mine plans to mate her new puppy as soon as she's old enough. I'm beyond excited!

You can't find a pure breed? Where are you looking? Grab a copy of Dog World and look up the many, many breeder ads. Do NOT buy from a pet shop, where the puppy mill dogs end up, and I would never get a dog from the pound; you don't know what sort of physical and mental issues you'll get, or whether the dofg is prone to genetic problems, hip dysplaysia being a big one in that breed. Go to a show breeder and find out the medical history. People who breed for the show ring breed for the best dogs, not the quickest buck..
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    I have one dog which is a Basset Hound. My husband found her in the woods when he was hunting about five years ago, dirty and starving, and she followed him to the truck. We advertised that we had found her; she was house-trained and already fixed; but noone ever responded. The vet says she was about six months old when we found her and that he believes her to be a full breed Basset Hound. Sweetest dog ever!
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    A black lab/mix. His name is Zero.

12270482275_edbe0875b5.jpg
  • LauraBest2013
    LauraBest2013 Posts: 50 Member
    ^ What a beautiful dog!

We've always kept dogs and they've always been mongrels/rescue dogs. Would never buy a pedigree from a breeder when there are so many dogs in need of a good home. Although the best pure bred dogs are undoubtedly beautiful creatures.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Sheltie:)
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    A 10 year old Australian Cattle dog named Aussie, who has 32 tennis balls and knows when one is missing.

They do have a very good memory of where their stuff is, I am totally not surprised by this.
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Corgi
  • GeekGirlNJ
    GeekGirlNJ Posts: 22 Member
    A chesapeake bay retriever mix. She looks like a mini version. So a chessie the size of a beagle ??? Elmore :-)
  • a 70 pound spoiled white rescue boxer named Zeus
  • KariOrtiz2014
    KariOrtiz2014 Posts: 343 Member
    PITBULL
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    I have a mutt. He is supposedly a German Shepherd, Blue Heeler mix.

All I know for sure is that he looks a bit like a spotted cow and he is an incredibly smart and well-trained dog!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    I've got 2 girls.
    One rescued Airedale Terrier and one ex racing Greyhound.
  • A greyhound called Daniel
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 331 Member
    American Staff/Neapolitan Mastiff that we refer to as Lucifer. Her favourite hobby is to disembowel teddies and cushions.
  • MissInfiniti
    MissInfiniti Posts: 142 Member
    A Whippet! He is amazing.
  • A little Maltese! I had two, one was big for a maltese and he was my best friend since I was 8 but unfortunately we lost him in 2011
    I still have my little guy though and he's the greatest

the big guy-
    PXJj17T.png

little guy-
    zIaipPE.png

playing together-
    a2LrNyJ.png
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    2 Year old German Shepherd, and a 20lb cat who thinks he is a dog!
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Lab/chow/shiztou/beagle mix. Most fun puppy I've ever had. She's still at the age where she hops more than runs and her ears are too big for her head. Constant entertainment
  • BanalAppeal
    BanalAppeal Posts: 26 Member
    I don't have a dog but my son does. It's an imaginary, sorry, invisible mutt called Mr Yolk. He's a very naughty hound who eats all the biscuits in the kitchen and leaves sharp Lego bricks on the bathroom floor. :frown:
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Jack Russell and Two Border Collie babies. Great combo!

1522006_10151780759590213_924187132_n.jpg