I could use a little help....

Options
So, I'm trying this MFP for a second time. I wasn't into tracking all my food and exercise and blah, blah, blah. But, I'm going to give it another try, because, well, I HAVE to get my @$$ in gear and get to my goal weight!! So, I am tracking again. Which is a start.

Here's the thing. I don't eat! I mean, I eat, of course, but not nearly as much as I should. I'm not a breakfast eater. Like, at all. By the time I'm ready to eat (after waking up) it's just about time for lunch, so I just hold off and wait until lunchtime. I do have coffee in the morning though. I eat half way decent for lunch. Sometimes a salad. Sometimes way worse than a salad (if I'm having an awful day; but I have fairly good self-control with that). But, all in all, my lunches are reasonable. Dinner. Psh. Assuming I get home from work at a reasonable hour, I'll have something small, that isn't particularly something you would call dinner. On a "normal" day, I do eat a decent dinner. Those are far and few in between though. This also affects my exercise schedule. While I'm not MUCH of a snacker, I tend to move towards the chips and salty food. While I do only eat the "suggested portion", that's my go to, rather than eat some veggies, or 100 calorie pack, etc. I'm starting to drink more water. I used to be really good at eat, but I literally felt like I was drowning from the inside out, because I was drinking so much. But, I'm back into shape with that.

I guess my question is, what suggestions do you all have for someone with an eating "schedule" (yea, I use that term VERY lightly to where it's pretty much non-existent) that's easy to stick too?? Truth be told, I'm terrible at sticking to one thing for any amount of time and I need change and all that jazz.....

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You can seriously eat when you have time, there is no rule that you need to have special meal planning timing to lose weight here.

You can also just go for a 30 min walk, you don't need to hit the gym for an hour to lose weight either.

So I noticed in you post, you don't actually say what your big calorie problem is that landed you over weight.

Usually most people have one, and find workarounds to avoid them, but all I can see is that you are too busy to eat.
  • BluesGuitar
    Options
    I'm surprised you can get the calories you need with the schedule you describe.

If you can go till lunch before taking in any calories, you likely wake up with plenty of energy. I would take advantage of that if I were you by going out for a run or doing some sort of cardio on a fasted state. If you are pushing yourself during that session, it will probably trigger your appetite for some breakfast in the morning. Just a thought.
  • snatalino
    Options
    That's pretty much it. I'm just so busy. I do get in about a half hour + walk everyday, becasue I walk to and from work, so that's pretty much how I've been maintaining my weight (I've been the same for about a year; give or take a lb or two). I do understand that you don't HAVE to eat at specific times, and there are no reals to eat - I just feel that I should have a better "schedule" and need some guidence on how to get that going, I guess.
  • MatthewNSW
    Options
    Your eating sounds very much like mine used to be. There were days where I'd live on coffee until dinner, with the odd bag of chips thrown in as and when.

People say that there's benefit in eating small, regular amounts. Maybe that would be easier to manage if time/life/desire don't allow you to sit down for a big lunch/breakfast etc? If you pre-prepare at home then you at least have control over what you're eating, snacking on, whatever. Either way I wish you all the very best of luck. :smile: