Just so ready to finally do something

Options
Hi all, My name is Alisha , I'm a Registered Early Childhood Educator. I work with school age kids before and after school, and when I'm not doing that I'm working at my other job (a fast food restaurant) which has made me fall for it's delicious temptations.

When I was in high school about 3 1/2 years ago I was 120lbs. I was on a medication through out those years and at the end of grade 12 stopped taking it. I gained weight very quickly and before i knew it i was 140lbs. a few more years passed and i put on another 40lbs and now here i am 180lbs and hating it.

I have recently begun fainting and my doctor says it's because of my diet and i need to get myself eating healthier and exercising more and my body will find it's balance and hopefully ill stop fainting. so he sent me to a dietitian and she said this website might help me. I've been working out for a month and haven't lost anything and i know it's because of my eating habits! so tomorrow I'm doing grocery's properly,,, and here we go!

Replies

• zilfig64
    zilfig64 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congrats - go for it - you will find a lot of good information and supportive people on here. If you are just getting started, here are a few pastt posts to read - a lot of great information to get you started on the right track:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read

and here is another excellent website - good, scientific information, and not a lot of BS:

http://simplesciencefitness.com/

Good luck, and stick with it - remember this is not a sprint, or a journey, but a never ending saga...
  • BluesGuitar
    Options
    You are on your way to a better you!

This website is a terrific resource. It is really liberating to see how much junk you one puts in one's body and what a drastic change just a little effort on the nutrition front can make!

Fainting because of your diet... that sounds very serious.

I wish you the best of luck.
  • wshultz14
    wshultz14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello Alisha, Welcome to MFP...I know this site will help you.
    Good Luck
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Why not today?
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
    You can do this!