Go-To Breakfast at a Restaurant?

Options
Before you start telling me that you eat whatever you want as long as it's in your macros (i get it i get it)...just wondering...if you go out to breakfast and want to order something healthy that you don't have to spend forever logging in every little ingredient and proably underestimating it, what do you order? Oatmeal with fruit? Egg white omelette with a protein no cheese? What's your "go to I don't have to think about this much"?

Replies

• f1redshoes
    Options
    I always go with eggs and toast. I only like a few other breakfasty things and they're far wider-ranging in calories. With eggs and bread, I can make a better estimate of what's involved. I always go for white bread but there's usually a selection of bread types.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    If it's a local diner I'll get oatmeal with a bagel or toast. If it's Mcds or other chain restaurant I'll get a breakfast sandwich and hash browns.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Count me in for eggs and toast, too, as well as bacon or sausage, and potatoes are a bonus. :smile:
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I usually have two thiings I order for breakfast when I go out.
    Huevos Rancheros - if it comes with black beans and is a nicer restaurant.
    Or a veggie omelette.
    I have it pretty easy seeing as I am not a big fan of breakfast meats.
    When I go to log it I will choose the one with the most calories just to cover my bases.
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    2 eggs scrambled, a side of grilled bell peppers (usually a green/red mix at the local place) and toast. The eggs/peppers all get mixed together. For a drink I usually have coffee or iced tea with that.
  • beekaki
    Options
    Same as previous answers:

2 scrambled eggs toast (no butter)...and a bit of ketchup.

I drink coffee too with no sugar and 1% milk.

I don't go to often though..
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Since I need reduced carbs, I'd stick with eggs, sausage/bacon, fruit or one slice of toast. I have oatmeal at home most days of the week but oatmeal bought at a restaurant usually has way too much sugar added to it for me.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I usually get a 2 egg meal. 2 eggs, over medium, bacon, hash browns and toast (I like an English muffin and YES there better be effing butter on it!).
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I pick something that i know i can easily log. I had a chicken scramble with green chili and tortilla chips with a nice buttery mapley pancake on sunday:)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    eggs, bacon (or sausage or ham or steak), toast (butter and grape jelly or honey), oj (or mimosa), either hash or homefries.

if im at our local diner, i go for their bacon, ham, sausage, egg, and cheese (provolone) on bulky with a side of sweet potato tots.

im not big on sweet breakfast if im out....i likes me some savory.

unless they have deep fried french toast sticks...then i gotta get those.

now i want breakfast.

thanks a lot OP.

SABOTAGE!

ETA: this takes very little thought when logging...eggs, how many? bacon, how many? homefries, eyeball it relative to a cup (i know i know...eyeballing isnt accurate...but if im gettin homefries, chances are i dont care.)
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I tend to stick with the basics, and I always try to get lots of protein in the morning.

My go-to breakfast at a restaurant is usually some form of veggie omelet, or as others have mentioned, something simple like eggs and toast, because it's fairly low calorie and easy to estimate. I have also been known to order plain oatmeal if it's cold out and log any toppings separately. It's a little more time-consuming that way, but sometimes it's worth it. :smile:
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I usually order egg whites, salsa, fresh fruit, and toast or turkey bacon. Sometimes I'll substitute the toast for pancakes and split them with my husband.
  • pearlmorning
    pearlmorning Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like fresh fruit, egg beaters omelet , and dry wheat toast. Black coffee
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Two scrambled eggs, 2 bacon strips, 1 dry toast or English muffin (I put the butter), and if possible a fruit cup, and I may share breakfast potatoes with my husband (his, not mine). Easy to log and estimate if needed.

I never ask for bagel, oatmeal or any sweets.
  • RobynSmithIBECHS
    RobynSmithIBECHS Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Usually the eggs and toast things is pretty good. If I am at a place like Cracker Barrel where everything is 1200 calories I would probably stick to their (fantastic) parfait and muffin breakfast.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Denny's babe.....
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    If I am going out for breakfast I am getting the whole dealio - eggs over easy, toast, bacon and hashbrowns or the Ukrainian breakfast with kolbassa and perogies instead of the hashbrowns and bacon. I don't eat out for breakfast that often so I am going to enjoy it

Fast food joints I go with a breakfast sandwich (they are all in the data base) and usually most diners have their own versions of these (really easy to enter the data - I make them at home all the time).
  • wshultz14
    wshultz14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is Egg Beaters, scrambled eggs, or Omelet.
    If ordering scrambled eggs, hash brown's with onion, bacon and wheat toast.
  • bb_lose_weight
    bb_lose_weight Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    4 fried chickens and dry white toast :)

For logging reasons as most folks have said I stick to basics like 3 scrambled eggs with bacon or sausage. Maybe a 3 egg omelet with veggies (problem with adding meats to the omelet is you never know what or how much they put in so I stick with veggie and order a side of bacon or sausage if wanted)

For non logging I always get something like a sausage benedict, shrimp benedict, or regular old eggs benedict with hasbrowns and toast then I add an extra workout after ;)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Egg white omelet with light feta, spinach, onions, mushrooms and tomatoes with 2 bacon strips.