Multi-Vitamins making me dizzy??

Options
2»

Replies

• sharde8691
    sharde8691 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone..looks like I probably just need a lower dose with no extra caffiene. I will talk to someone at the health food store and aim for a "lighter" vitamin.
  • leannraya
    leannraya Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I actually thew up my car on my way to work once taking those vitamins.. They would make me sick to my stomach and extremely dizzy. Try gummy vitamins for adults.. I use the Vitafusion gummy vitamins and they are not only delicious, but they don't affect me at all, empty stomach or not. Give it a try :)
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone..looks like I probably just need a lower dose with no extra caffiene. I will talk to someone at the health food store and aim for a "lighter" vitamin.

I take a gummy vitamin with my breakfast every morning and it's easier on my stomach. You may want to consider something like that if you're more sensitive to the hard multivitamins, though I think eliminating the extra caffeine will do some good.

Best of luck. :)
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I actually thew up my car on my way to work once taking those vitamins.. They would make me sick to my stomach and extremely dizzy. Try gummy vitamins for adults.. I use the Vitafusion gummy vitamins and they are not only delicious, but they don't affect me at all, empty stomach or not. Give it a try :)

Oh mannn, the Vitafusion calcium gummies are so good, I'm glad a serving is two gummies. I ran out of those on Sunday and I need to get some more, but I picked up some fiber gummies and they are Vitafusion too. I think they are called Fiber Well, but I can't be sure. My diary is always open if you really wanna know, but I think they make all around good vitamins! :)
  • aperkins1888
    Options
    Look at the label to find out whether it calls for taking the multivitamin with or without a meal. Oftentimes, if taken without food multivitamins can cause nausea and dizziness. Also important to note is many nutrients require food in order to be absorbed to their greatest extent. This is particularly true for fat soluble vitamins, like vitamin D for example. So to get maximum benefit, take the vitamin as directed.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I take Flinstone's Complete because women's one a day vitamins make me nauseous.

i have one a day mens multi it makes me sick before this i was taking the gummy one a day no problems. great question op
  • Bruegge274
    Options
    Did you ever figure out what was causing the dizziness. I started taking GNC MEGA MEN SPORT Multi-Vitamin today with food and about 10 minutes later I am dizzy and feel out of it. Any tips? Did you figure out what was going on?
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    The zinc in multivitamins makes me nauseous if I take it on an empty stomach or even after a really light meal.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Why not go back to what you was taking?