Hoping

Options
I keep trying and failing and trying and failing. All I can do now is HOPE this time works. I need positive but realistic friends to win this battle. Thanks!

Replies

• lizzy0214
    lizzy0214 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That is a good one, I feel the same way hope this works for me too!! Good luck :)
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, it takes more than hope to be successful in the weight loss/fitness game. It requires consistent effort, whether you "feel like" putting forth the effort or not.

Fortunately, this community is full of people who have been/are successful and they are more than willing to share their knowledge and experience with you.

Good luck.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    “Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”
    ― Shel Silverstein

Negative self-talk will never get you anywhere. You don't have to be cocky but you must believe you can do this. Fitness is just the visual manifestation of the change from within.
  • sallywillwin
    Options
    Thanks!:smile:
  • housemouse1957
    Options
    Hi I'm starting my journey again for how many times I have lost count, but what I have learnt is to take out word diet and use "I'm changing my eating habits " not I'm being healthy, I'm being good. YOU ARE NOT ON A DIET you are changing the way you eat and be nice to your self if you eat a biscuit,feel guilty and then eat the packet don't beat your self up. Tomorrow is a new day and start it as a new change in your habit. You have all ready put yourself under pressure ,just step back think about what I have said and you will know it makes sence. Make easy changes don't set goals that are unrealistic or you won't reach then and you will keep beating yourself up .Good luck