26 months after joining MFP in pictures

Options
I posted this in the wrong forum at first. :/

This was my original success story post when I made it to my goal, before gaining back any weight:

"I have had a history of binge eating and bulimia since High School and I finally figured out why I was doing it after a few years of therapy. Soooooo I had already been eating a little better and working out a little and that was just the push I needed to keep me going in the right direction and to do it the healthiest way I could. I thought it would take longer than a year and a half but here I am.

I think the biggest thing was using this site and the app on my phone at first to keep track of what I ate. I had no idea I was actually eating 5,000+ calories every day. No wonder I was pushing 300lbs (308 at one point). Once I got used to what I was supposed to be eating, it was pretty easy for me to just stick to that and just eat when I was hungry. I also hardly craved the same junk I ate before. It helped me learn how to cook for myself and my tastes just changed.

The last few months though haven't been all will power though. I started having seizures on New Years Eve and we still haven't figured out exactly why. My anti-epileptic medications have been making me feel like crap on and off so my diet has been sort of hit or miss. All I know is that I haven't gained anything back and I haven't binged or purged in well over a year. It feels awesome.

I just watched a video I made 11 weeks into my weight loss journey that was made as a message to my future self for when I hit my goal weight. It could have been watched over the weekend but I wasn't reminded of it until tonight. I cried when I made the video and I cried when I watched it. I can't believe I've lost over 1/2 my body weight since December 2011 . . . I really can't. From 298 to 146. A size 22-26/4X (I think) to a 6-8/S now.

Thank you to everyone that has been here for me this entire time. You've been more help this last year and a half than you may realize.

[. . .]

To add:

Do I have extra skin?
Hell to the **** yes, I do. It's tightening up slowly though. I guess that's a perk to being 26 and well hydrated?

What did I eat?
Whatever the **** I wanted. Just smaller amounts. Once my tastes changed, a lot of the junk made it's way out on it's own.

What exercises did I do?
I used to run. A lot. I also used to use a book called Convict Conditioning. Now I mainly just walk to and from work and then walk on my breaks. I also go to the amusement park in town and run around like an idiot on weekends.

What advice can I give?
Don't give up on yourself. Ever. Just don't. Trust me. I ****ed up a lot and I still do. It's normal. Just bounce back from it and don't let it be the end of you. Find yourself a support system. Post about it all over your facebook if you want . . . that's what I did. The more you put yourself out there: the more likely you are to keep up with it rather than slip back or become a recluse. Also, make a video to your future self. I cried watching it tonight and even just seeing the file on my desktop every now and then knowing I couldn't let myself watch it until I hit my goal would push me sometimes."

The status update from yesterday when i came back.

"I've been gone for too long. I thought I could just keep things up on my own but I've gained about 40 pounds back. I'll find out the exact amount here in a few minutes since I'm at the doctor. Either way, I need to come back for support, accountability and also to make sure that I do not go back to my eating disorder... Which I'm afraid has already begun. Sooooo... I'm here hoping to nip it in the butt before it gets out of control again."

Here is my updated 26 month story: (I'll be making a separate thread for this elsewhere since I know a lot of people may miss this post.

So since May, I stopped really using MFP, thinking that I could do it all on my own. I gained 42lbs back but...
1. I'm back before my last pair of small jeans stopped fitting.
2. I'm not giving up on myself because I screwed up.
3. I'm going to stay on this time, lose those 42lbs again and hopefully continue to help others along the way.

I revamped my style yesterday to bring back more of myself and, on top of keeping up with my physical health, I'm going to keep up with my emotional self confidence by prettying myself up (for me) daily. Walking around in the same sweatpants for days surely didn't help the last few months.

I really want to remind people that this is sort of like drug abuse or smoking. If you **** up and have an *kitten* ton of cake, a pack of cigarettes or a dose of heroine, you do not need to continue to do it just because you fell back into it for a short while. We have the power and control our actions daily. Treat it as a daily thing.

Just for today, I will not be a heifer... lol

Here is the last 2 years in pictures. (Well, more than that since the first one in the bikini I was 18 years old in the pictures to the right)

Highest weight on the right was 308. The one on the left was a few months into my weight loss.
421081_414785211872190_691256447_n.jpg

December 11, 2011 - 298lbs - First day on MFP
13505363_4361.jpg

Workin' it.
13505363_6042.jpg

The first time I noticed my running clothes were too big.
13505363_5119.jpg

After my first walk for charity.
13505363_7020.jpg

Size 16 skinny jeans! I was so stoked.
13505363_1484.jpg

New years eve 2011
398690_581501821867194_518893582_n.jpg

New years eve 2012
423606_581502595200450_1962120213_n.jpg

New years eve 2011
249931_581503161867060_1250146769_n.jpg

New years eve 2012
47686_581503585200351_33754128_n.jpg

Wanted to look like a princess - turns out the dress was a size 8!
427678_587729997911043_616700451_n.jpg

Just because I felt good
13505363_2044.jpg
13505363_5191.jpg

Wearing my size 26 jeans standing in one leg
6fwhfn.jpg
2gw9x5u.jpg

First day on mfp to the day I hit my mfp goal
946914_652669841417058_1700525442_n.jpg
945649_652669804750395_1439069130_n.jpg

When I started to get a little too thin...
21acoev.jpg
2dj2moy.jpg

Shows a little of the extra skin (and an *kitten* ton of confidence)
xpxbbq.jpg

Tired...
2dagn7m.jpg

Just because I felt pretty but right when I started putting weight back on
nytnap.jpg

Just because I was happy - my phone also went flying off the top of that roller coaster after this was taken. Only scratches on it and I still have it.
2dvj1bd.jpg

Working the door at our friend's father's birthday party
2qc44qw.jpg

After having to move back in with my parents and realizing that my life and health had sort of turned back to crap. I may be smiling but I feel like my eyes look dead.
2agsu8z.jpg

My cat...
1zq8sgo.jpg

In the hospital last week after being admitted for seizures... Don't those EEG caps just look hella sexy?
9904lx.jpg

Over the weekend when i first started to really want to get back to losing weight
2eowolt.jpg

Today... after making the choice to come back and being on day 2 of being happy again and getting back on track. 187lbs now but the changing my hair and prettifying myself makes me truly happy.
1012536_814974071853300_1101430770_n.jpg
5bwj1h.jpg
33m7hcj.jpg

Replies

• Stephessor
    Stephessor Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration for anyone needing motivation to get up, brush yourself off, and keep going! Thank you for sharing your amazing story. I wish you success on the rest of your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • jadecoldwell1
    Options
    Congratulations to you! Absolutely amazing story and love your non-defeatist attitude when most would throw in the towel.
    Accountability was my main reason for joining MFP but more so than any of that, reading stories of success like yours just show me it can be done and it will all be so worth it!
    All the best!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    You still look great!! Congrats!!
  • charleigh78
    charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You can do it again. You look great though. :)
  • darlingdeardc
    Options
    Great job girl!
    oh and I think your cat is precious.
  • ajones1227
    ajones1227 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Omg!! You look jaw dropping fantastic!!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing post and story. Thank you for sharing and congrats on your success!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Now this is a truly inspirational post. Best of luck to you.
  • jnr2012
    jnr2012 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Good for you, you are winning..... slow and steady. hang in there.
  • loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    welcome (back) to the next stage of your journey! You have done a wonderful job of telling the story you have lived. You seem to have a very healthy attitude, and I have no doubt it will take you anywhere you wish to go. You are truely lovely inside and out!

Congratulations on your success to date, I hope it continues to inspire others.
  • geddyp
    geddyp Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Great job :)
  • KristinKory
    KristinKory Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed reading your story (very inspirational) - thank you for sharing! BTW, you look great!
  • mhoeff1
    mhoeff1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    so proud and happy for you . You look amazing and you have worked ral hard to get to where you are today :) Good job well done and congrats beautiful lady :)
  • 1PrettiNikki
    Options
    You look phenomenal! Definately an inspiration
  • warrenrose12
    warrenrose12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You are so inspirational love, You deserve to be happy , you are so beautiful i just hope you realize that , you have a lovely heart to help others on your own journey , don,t feel selfish you should put yourself first, you can do this , We all have those awful demons in us to give up and eat garbage sometimes i still do it and i hate myself for it , you have shown me courage to keep marching on when i start to doubt i can do this , thank you so much, god bless you and you can friend me as well if you like . you are getting your life back well done. Our lives are a journey this we all seem to forget this is just part of it . :flowerforyou: .
  • sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful transition. Good luck getting to where you want to be.
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for sharing your story!! Thank you for sharing that the accountability helps. Congrats on what you've accomplished and on seeing that you still need to do things to keep you there, I think a lot of my problems in the past was once I reached goal I stopped using any of the techniques that got me there, and then the weight came back on, but unfortunately for me I didn't get back on until I was already back where I started weight wise. I wish you continued success! You are an inspiration!
  • Deestrong68
    Deestrong68 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Amazing determination and will power. You are a Inspiration to all. You look fantastic and should be very proud !!!!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    wow thats amazing congratulations you look fabulous
  • ks_mommaof5
    ks_mommaof5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. I have never been so moved by a success story as I was by your honestly, madly authentic story. You are truly an inspiration and I thank you for sharing your full story - it reminds me that this journey we're on is just that ... a journey. It isn't a race that ends. It's a series of choices we make every single day for the rest of our lives.

Thank you for being real about your challenges, successes and innermost feelings. I wish you all the best and know that you WILL ROCK your goals. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!